Totally confused about a brake rotor replacement

Please don’t get upset with me . . .

Have you EVER heard of paragraphs . . . ?!

Seriously, it’s pretty hard to read your comments

Yeah, one post, id = company, spam for sure.

A perfect reason to make old posts READ ONLY. it can’t be that difficult. After “x” years the post is read only. People can still get what ever they can from them but no one can add the crap like this we have been seeing lately. Really now techies let’s get this done. For the good of the world make it happen.

End of rant, thank you for your patience.

3 Likes

I’m not an expert on which auto manufacturers put good or bad brake rotors on their cars, but I’ve seen OEM rotors that weren’t very good. I bought a '94 Saturn new and the brake rotors warped very quickly. I had them turned and they were OK for awhile, and when I eventually had them replaced at the dealer, the new ones warped within weeks. I finally decided to replace them myself with NAPA super premium (or whatever they called them…) rotors, and they worked very well for quite a few years, and they were half the price of the ones the dealer parts counter sold!

I had the same problems with OEM rotors on my '81 Accord.
Finally went aftermarket on the 3rd set.

Here we go again , an 11 year old thread revived with a hard to read post that seems to be veiled Spam and then the OP who has not been here for 11 years gets a reply.

I would say the kind of person who doesnt use proper punctuation or grammar and who likes to write long runon sentences that dont make a whole lot of sense because theyre just long rants about weird conspiracy theories followed by a stealth ad for their business which apparently only caters to people on one side of the political spectrum because they just guaranteed that people on the other wouldnt touch their shop with a 10 foot pole how about you what do you think is this sentence long enough yet?

7 Likes

I thought, given the age of the thread, they were referring to Eisenhower…

5 Likes

With any luck he alienated both sides of the spectrum, since he didn’t name names.

3 Likes

Good morning, I saw that spam was suspected, and I looked up the business. It’s a shop, not a maker/vendor of non-Chinese brake rotors. Did he really plug the shop, aside from putting it in his name? I didn’t think so, so I left it.

Old threads are never going to be read-only as long as we use Discourse. It’s a feature, not a bug. And it seems that not everyone minds it.

3 Likes

All we can do is shout out the 11 year warning and who knows, the OP could be dead by now. Who has not had a question on the uneven quality of foreign manufacture though? It is found in bolts not properly heat treated, faulty electronic components in military hardware, and so on. So in this day and age, I just put new rotors on when replacing brake pads now. What do they cost? $40-50 at NAPA? Sometimes you just have to be practical.

Hopefully not from inferior brake rotors…

3 Likes

Sorry Everyone

Tom, this is CarTalk Community Forum. Please keep your political stuff to yourself .

1 Like

No sorry, no sales pitch intended. Just giving my professional opinion from 35+ years of experience. Sorry you are offended.

Sorry there was no stealth ad sir, whatever that is. Sorry I gave my opinion Sir.

I did not plug my shop, people are getting the wrong idea, I was simply trying to voice my experience on brake rotors. that was it.

Sorry I offended you

Tom- you are the first person in 10+ years to make their first post with a name associated with a business, and have it not be spam. Our track record has been 100% up to you, so I hope you’ll understand our initial reaction.

Well I’m sorry