Top Cover Bushings



Just wondering if anyone has an idea (ball park) of what it would cost to replace Top Cover Bushings at a place like AAMCO

I have a 2003 ford focus that i think i will be replacing in the fall and don’t want to put a lot of money into it.


If only for my benifit,what are the 'top cover" bushings. This name does not ring a bell, perhaps I know them by another name.

My take on AAMCO is that it is a crapshoot. You may patronize one that has a great staff and great mechanics. I don’t know if having a corporate office is good or bad,maybe they set unfair policy or perhaps they enforce quality standards. They are not totally off my list but certain conditions must be met before I would go out of my way to use them.

Top cover,this part is on the tip of my tounge but I can’t place it. I know “front cover” as in timing chain cover,but not top cover.

Is this "top cover’ as in a shifter bushing in the top cover of a manual transmission?


What exactly are you trying to fix?