Tommy's fault? Only partly

Personally I find it funny that those how preach tolerance are very ofter very intolerant of people who view differ from their own. Think about it if you oppose gay marriage you are a homophobe no matter what, see a group of blacks that look like gang member, why you’re a bigot for even thinking that! I could go on and on about being PC, but I won’t.

There’s a BIG difference between being tolerant and NOT agreeing. Tolerant - I may not agree with what you way, but you have every right to say it. That does NOT mean that I’m NOT going say something against what you said. If you see a group of blacks and automatically assume they’re gang members…That’s totally different then if you actually SAY they must be gang members. And if you do say it…then why do you feel that people who say something against what you said to be INTOLERANT. They are just expressing their view publicly they same way you did.

It’s not that heated. Neither the liberals or the conservatives on this forum seem to be interrupting each other.

Well, I’ve watch my fair share of shows, and I’m only saying what I’ve seen. Yes there are good and bad on both sides, but I’ve notice liberals tend to be far worst then conservatives.

Like I said I’m only saying what I observed, it could be the liberals I’ve seen are just impolite or the conservatives that I seen are just polite. I have also noticed this when I talk to liberals they interrupt more and get more upset if you interrupt them.

But like I said I’m only saying what I’ve seen and noticed.

My opinions are subject to change with new facts.

I dunno what y’all listen to, but I’ve never once heard any host/interviewer using name calling on their guests; never a “Liar!” (a Bill O Reilly favorite, always used to interrupt), never a “Loser!” – there are so many expressions of Middle School caliber like these in the conservative broadcasting camp. Never have I heard on NPR any host/interviewer use the, again Middle school tactic of raising one’s voice in a generally effective attempt to silence the opposing voice-- also usually in tandem with an interruption. It’s not called ‘shock radio’ for no reason. I liken it to the tabloid approach to news and info. At least the tabloids will occasionally break a real story like the John Edwards stuff. I’m not aware of any such thing coming from conservative radio & TV. It’s not about investigative inquiry, for facts would need to be verified-- Glen, Bill, Sean and co. tend to shy from that stuff. They might quote the Heritage foundation, but generally any outside source work is from the listeners. Fox Radio News, “Sources say…” I don’t know how many times I’ve heard that at the top of the hour news and the source will be an idea that a caller had come up with in the previous hour’s call-in show. So funny! That’s what corporate journalism on the radio is.

Ha, can you imagine Robert Siegel or Terry Gross shouting, “Liar!” Ray, to Tommy on the other hand… All available Middle school tactics have been paraded on numerous occasions on Car Talk. That’s the key-- the Republican lawmakers are miffed about the brothers’ stealing fire from Fox, what with all the name calling, interrupting and shouting between those 2 :slight_smile:

Lara Logan and the family of Ahmed Mahmoud will be happy to hear that the revolution was bloodless.

We take our politics seriously around here, and sometimes it seems we jump at the chance to talk politics. It usually stays pretty civil. I wouldn’t call it “heated debate” unless the name-calling starts.

“I am curious, how would you resolve an issue with an employee who repeatedly violates the terms of his employment contract, and ignores your warnings? Would you cave in to those who think you should keep that employee on the payroll?”

I would:

a. document those repeated violations
b. counsel the employee in writing
c. make those violations the reason for termination
d. not terminate the employee immediately following a high-profile public statement that did not violate the employee’s contract
e. not let Ms. Weiss/Schiller anywhere near the situation
f. figure out a way to get myself fired so I can pick up a 2.5 million dollar paycheck
Ms. Schiller/Weiss just got herself fired.

How much was that bonus Ms. Schiller lost? Maybe we should cut NPR’s budget by the amount of all bonuses. Why does anyone at NPR get a bonus if it’s a non-profit? Does it mean we pay them to do a bad job, but if they do a good job they get a bonus?

It’s NOT Fox News…It’s Fox Opinion. They are short on news, but long on opinion. Glen Beck is absolute SCUM. Not only does he NOT report the news…he actually MAKES UP news…has been caught dozens of times of actually either LYING or making things up. And if you disagree with him…expect to be verbally assaulted…your family assaulted…your first grade teacher assaulted…As I said SCUM.

“It usually stays pretty civil. I wouldn’t call it “heated debate” unless the name-calling starts.”

I think “MikeinNH” is just using SCUM to refer to Beck as a “Seldom Corroborated User of Material” unfit for telecast. So we may not be at the name calling stage yet. :=)

In response to the original post Tommy is 0% responsible in my opinion. It is humor, along with all the other when they say us quips. I know with political correctness humor at the expense of any group is an affront to something or other, but I don’t see that remark had anything to do with budget cuts. In fact by reverse philosophy if they wanted to help reduce NPR listenership they would expand funding for car talk.:wink:

I’m not name calling anyone HERE. Beck is not a person anyways.

Ha, can you imagine Robert Siegel or Terry Gross shouting, “Liar!” Ray,

Did you listen to the Terry Gross interview a few years ago with Gene Simmons???

Oh, but the line is mine. I was just going with the format “And even though… whenever they hear us say it…” I wrote the “Republican members of the House…” part. Some folks may have trouble with my dry humor-- blaming Tommy was sarcasm.
And too, the ‘only partly’ was in reference to the other guilty party (who shall remain nameless) but who conceals his true identity by using an aka on the Click side of Click and Clack.

Ha, did she call him a liar? lol.

Beck on Fox radio is like a different person-- he’s funny, tells stories about his family-- it’s conversational & entertaining. But maybe I just caught him on an off day or during some down time between the litany of fictions.

Boy it appears some did not get it. Your dry humor is fine with me, and thanks for posting!

OMG! Where they shot? I thought they were arrested and released! Would you please post a link so I can see how they were killed?

Someone should update their Wikipedia pages to show they are dead.

Please, this is a car forum. Leave politics out of it.

Whats your car question? What radio station we listen to? Sirius. No talking or commercials.

If you haven’t listened to Fox radio, you should give it a try; it’s so much more a curiosity than one can imagine. Listening on the 4th of July, for example, they had sent a “reporter” to do some on the street Q & A about the history surrounding the celebration on the 4th. Not only were the people on the street confused about its origin, but so was the reporter as well. It was her understanding that our country had gained its independence following the bloody uprising of the Civil War-- had no concept of the purpose of the 13 stars on the early flag, or that the early flag even had 13 stars, etc. The moderator did his best to make light of it, but clearly, they don’t seem to hire educated folk.