Tires for Honda Civic

My wife drives a 2002 Honda Civic EX. Need to put new tires on and would like recommendations for tires with very good handling/braking on dry or wet (rain/frozen precip) pavement, hopefully on the quiet side. Willing to compromise on the tire life. Currently riding on 185/65R15’s. thank you, Mike.

Go to tirerack.com, enter your car, see what they recommend, read the reviews. Lots of info.

You can see lots of ratings and reviews, find a dealer and order tires at tirerack.com

Also check out Consumer Reports, 2009 Buying Guide book; they rate precisely for the characteristics you are seeking in their rests.

My wife is currently running BFG Traction T/As on her Subaru at a similar size. Before that, she had a Kelly UHP all season that is no longer available.

Also, Costco has $70 off a set of four Michelin or BFG tires for the next two weeks. That may sway the economics once you decide on the tire choice. My Costco center even provides the coupons at the store.

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy Bridgestone Potenza RE-92 (or 92-A) tires. They are absolutely useless in winter driving conditions and as a result, are dangerous.

When I owned a 98 Civic DX I was happy with Goodyear Integrity tires. They have a bad reputation in other applications for hydroplaning, but they worked just fine for my old Civic. If I was going to drive on ice and snow, I would look for a good set of winter tires. I live in Florida, so I can’t recommend any good winter tires.

Goodyear Assurance Tripletread is capable in all conditions. I would not consider silent but relatively quiet.

thanks everyone for the help!
Mike

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVID+TRZ&partnum=865TR5TRZ&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=22&speed_rating=S&speed_rating=T&speed_rating=U&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&minSpeedRating=S#Survey