Tire hit car on expressway

Was on the expressway and I saw a tire in the air cominging at me. I speeded up to maybe not get hie. It hit my driver’s side rear window and back wind shield and smashed the glass. Am I responsible?

The person who used to own that tire is the one responsible. Without seeing it’s trajectory and whatnot, it’s hard to tell if speeding up caused the tire to hit the back of the car or if slamming on the brakes would have caused it to miss you entirely.

Unless you can find the owner of the vehicle where the tire came from, it will be on you to get the damage repaired. It could be covered under the comprehensive section of your insurance policy. Did you get a police report?

This isn’t really your fault, but it looks like you will have to use your insurance to get the car repaired.

If you can find the owner of the car that lost the tyre, and if they are insured, that is the way to go. Next is to have your insurance take take of it. I have not had a clam for something like 40 years so when a farmer’s lawn mower hit my car, I called it in. They just covered it with no deductible and no prejudice.

Good Luck

“Next is to have your insurance take take of it.” “They just covered it with no deductible and no prejudice.” Should Be The Same Deal Here . . . Provided That nynt352 Has Purchased Comprehensive Coverage.

CSA