This could reduce the incidence of Catalytic Converter thefts

Who says they are immigrants?

I hope my post isn’t going to be censored off this site for merely stating my personal opinion, an opinion which is no doubt shared by millions of people, and is based on economic reality. It seems that every time I have stated my opinion on this matter here, either my post disappeared, or the entire thread disappeared, and that is wrong. This is a legitimate factual discussion.

The “economic reality” is that the obsolete Bolt EV is over orderded beyond GM’s capacity, to the point that GM has suspended future orders.

So what do you suspect will happen when domestic production increases?

I have gotten into the habit of removing stretches of discussion that get way off track. I used to ask people to get back on topic, and leave the posts in place
and it would go back on topic and someone would quote and reply to a stretch of the discussion that was left behind, and the argument started all over again. To be clear, I’m not censoring your opinion. I got rid of the whole climate change exchange because this is not the topic of the forum and there have been many, many arguments about this in the past.

5 Likes

Remember that this is Car Talk. forums. Not designed to be a discussion about anything folks want to talk about. If you want to talk about politics, or gov’t policies etc, plenty of other forums on the internet for that. Not saying I disagree w/your sentiment or not, or that I never delve into controversial topics here myself; just suggesting to try to focus on car-related topics. If you some day find there are simply no other places at all to voice your opinion than here, then you’ll have a point. Until then, ask yourself if what you are posting is something you might hear on the Car Talk radio program podcasts 

2 Likes

I can’t always find a fire ant bed to park my car over, but when I do, it seems that nobody messes with my catalytic converter. Mudholes work too.

Driving up to the mega mall tomorrow so wish me luck.

Is the theme park still there?

Yup. As far as I can tell. They called him governor goofy when he proposed it many moons ago.

Haven’t been there in over 20 years—Thought it was Snoopy.

Never went in. Guarded the car. I think snoopy died though.