The DeLorean is coming back

… as an EV, and with updated styling:

Here’s more info. Promising, but I wouldn’t get my checkbook out yet:
What’s Up With That DeLorean Revival From The Super Bowl? (jalopnik.com)

1 Like

But will it have 1.21 gigawatts? LOL

4 Likes

The rumors claim that its Flux Capacitor will be much improved.

7 Likes

Will the Mr. Fusion be standard?

2 Likes

It’s Jigawatts. A Gigawatt is real and equal to a billion watts a Jigawatt is an unimaginable large number of watts.

5 Likes

I stand corrected.

1 Like

They have partnered with O’Reilly’s on it.

2 Likes

So the Delorian is back as an EV. In October Elio announced its return as an EV. Who is next? Bricklin? Fiskar? Yugo? Perhaps the Renault Le Volt.

1 Like

Bricklin promoted this about 2yrs ago, we’ll see if any actually get built. $29,000 starting wor $37,000 for the upgraded version.

Actually, Fisker is back, and claims to have logged 30,000 reservations for its Ocean electric SUV.

That sure does look familiar:

Zap was keen on making this over a decade ago, but I don’t think they got anywhere with it. Wonder if Bricklin is just gonna rebadge an updated Alias.

1 Like

Notify me when Studebaker is resurrected, I want a 51 Bullet Nose convertible.

1 Like

About 20 years ago, I had a very vivid dream in which I was walking around in Manhattan, and I saw a bunch of new Stude Larks parked at the curb, in front of upscale hotel. They were essentially slightly-updated versions of the final '65-'66 models, painted in colors that were more contemporary. I went into the hotel to inquire about the large number of brand-new Studes outside, and I was told that this was the inauguration of their re-introduction to the marketplace. In my dream, I began jumping up and down for joy.

Then, I woke up and realized that–sadly–it was just a dream.
:pensive:

Other than the SV-1 it’s what he’s done every other time.

1 Like

I thought it was just an alternative pronunciation of gigawatt, not actually a different word?

Nah, made up word, slightly bigger number than a ‘kajillion’…

Personally I would prefer a Cord or Duesenberg.

And a note I seem to recall the good Doc’s car was powered by fusion when he came back from the future and any old scrap seemed to suffice :wink:

1 Like

Supposedly the scientific expert they consulted told them it was “jiggawatt,” and they didn’t realize he was using an obscure pronunciation. Miriam-Webster even gives both pronunciations, with “jiggawatt” first.

It’s not the worst example of Hollywood getting things goofy by talking to the wrong consultant. Star Trek Voyager featured a Native American crewmember. The production staff hired a Cherokee consultant to tell them how the character should behave. Trouble is, Jamake Highwater the Cherokee was actually Jack Marks the Eastern European con man. He just made up a bunch of stupid crap for the Native American character, and then the character was stuck for the 7 year run of the show acting like a racist Indian stereotype because nobody figured out they’d been had until it was far too late. Oops.

3 Likes

Well, in that case I take back my… I stand corrected. :laughing:

1 Like