The Coronavirus car

’ Civic-minded car designer Kanyaboyina Sudhakar of the Sudha Cars Museum in Bahadurpura, India, has built a one-seat vehicle in the shape of the coronavirus “so that awareness can be spread on social distancing,” he told The Times of India on April 8. The six-wheeled Corona Car can go about 25 mph and took Sudhakar 10 days to build. “I have always made cars to give back to the society in my own way,” Sudhakar said. “(I)t is important to tell people to stay home and stay safe, and the coronavirus car is meant to convey the message.” [Times of India, 4/8/2020] ’

1 Like

Human powered ones have been around for years. Only one ‘wheel‘, no seat.

2 Likes

Good for transportation but kinda hard to haul grocery’s.

1 Like

I seem to remember year’s ago in Florida a young boy with some kind of rare disease who had to live in something like that. I think he was called the bubble boy.

1 Like

It’s sure to be a big hit, especially in bumper to bumper traffic. :laughing:

2 Likes

Just like bumper car’s.

Here’s an article with video on the corona car. If I saw it on the road, I’d give it a wide berth.

Perhaps it is time for Toyota to re-introduce their old Corona model, and re-name it as the Toyota anti-Corona.

So he tells people to stay home by building a CAR and driving it around? Huh?

Like messaging people to eat healthy by writing it on a big layer Cake in sugary frosting!

1 Like

It is better than telling people to hold protests for states with democratic governers, and incite insurrection, sure it is political, sure it is is illegal for a president to do it, a car is not a problem in my book.

3 Likes

especially when those governors are doing nothing in excess of the Federal guidelines.

5 Likes

Carolyn’s going to shut this down rather soon, now that it’s gone down the political path . . .

2 Likes

The term “social distancing” is a terrible misnomer. I refuse to use it. :unamused: Who started that? And why do people keep using the term?

Social distancing should not be encouraged. Social closeness should actually be encouraged through social media and other means of staying “connected” with people that we need to be physically separated from at this time of the virus
scare.

The term that should be in use is “physical distancing,” a much better description of the desired practice that could possibly keep the virus from transferring from person to person as easily.

Stay physically distant, but socially close. Just saying… It’s just common sense!
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses::palm_tree:

1 Like

Agree

The term “social distancing” is a terrible misnomer. I refuse to use it. :unamused: Who started that? And why do people keep using the term?

Also shelter in place who came up with that one it should be just stay home.

That terminology originated with the incredible number of school shooting incidents in The US over the past 3 years.

If somebody is a student or a staff member at a school that is being assaulted by a person who is armed with assault weapons, the term “shelter in place” is very appropriate. If someone resides in one of the hardest-hit states during this health-related emergency, perhaps “shelter in place” is not as appropriate as “stay at home”, but for the oblivious folks who think that their movements should not be restricted under any circumstances, I don’t think it really matters what terminology is used, because they would violate the guidelines, no matter what verbiage was used.
:thinking:

1 Like

Thank you for the explantion.

1 Like

Could not help myself, apologies to all. Cool car though!

1 Like

I cannot help but think about car polo with a bubble, my bad!

Ever see car soccer at a destruction derby? It’s okay but nowhere as entertaining as the trailer race or school bus races.

1 Like

Shelter in place was used in the 1950s and 1960s in conjunction with the nuclear threat from the Soviet Union. I’ve heard complaints about the term for that reason since use started recently, but it stuck anyway.

I’m sure that there was a great deal of discussion before the term social distancing was used by the Feds in news conferences.

1 Like