The Coronavirus car

I was around in the 50’s and 60’s and do not remember that the only thing I remember from those day’s was fallout shelter. Maybe there were different saying’s in different part’s of the country.

I grew up at Ground Zero - the DC suburbs. A family moved into the newly-built house they had built across the street. As part of the build, they had a fallout shelter. The father was part of the Kennedy administration. As a ten year old, the shelter was cool, but I bet the parents in the neighborhood found it unsettling.

1 Like

But where did they leave the car?

We always said we were far enough from the big city’s we should be OK but now realize we had no idea what nuclear fallout would have been like.

1 Like

“Give me liberty or give me death“ is a lot more heroic when you’re not taking infirm people who won’t survive the virus with you.

I’ll stay at home. What difference does it make? Drove my bike up to do a bike ride with buds, 35mph winds make for a workout. Did not sanitize the car or bike or me afterwards, Sanitizer in the car along with some wipes, almost feeling guilty as I found 3 n95 masks in my reserve for car stuff. Using one after a car trip to the grocery store and laying a few home made everclear wipes over it to hopefully sanitize. I need to get the cars out more, been a couple of weeks since one was run, but it was ok.

Remember that Twilight Zone episode . . . ?!

Remember how ugly the neighbor’s behavior got when the family with the fall out shelter didn’t want to let anybody else in . . .

Not all of the people that passed away fit that description

Never said they did.

1 Like

I like to think it means, keep your distance, but be social about it. We should have called it sociable distancing.

Yeah shelter in place has been around for a long time, and we had sort of a fall out shelter in the house built in 65. It was a two car garage size room under the two car garage. Concrete ceiling and dirt on all sides. I always figured it wouldn’t be a very nice place to spend a few months, but there it was. We used it as a place to store food and a shop.

Now before you protest the protesters too much (thinking back to the 60’s) I would just advise reading the Declaration again. Not only a right but a duty when you think the officials have gone too far. Like you can walk but not golf, and drive but only to certain places. Life is risky. No one gets out alive or as they say in NH, live free or die.

And here I am like the broken CD again but I can’t talk to my neighbor closer than 6 feet? A kid can’t shoot hoops in the park alone? And who picked 6 feet. One study says the virus can spew 20 feet and linger in the air. Another said it is mainly surfaces like counters and floors. The point is no one really knows for sure and when our politicians just arbitrarily set the rules, we as adult citizens have every right to question what basis they are deciding the rules. I’m all for pulling together for the public good in time of danger, but it is troublesome that folks give up their freedoms so easily and without question. The Minneapolis Red Star had an article today that said up to 80% of the restaurants may not be able to re-open again. Yes the virus is dangerous but so is losing your business and employment. Another few weeks and I’ll have to drive to Iowa or South Dakota to get a hair cut and hope I’m not stopped by the police.

1 Like

Cars are naturally 6 feet away, ok I digressed, not busted yet,lets try the car focus. Any mandatory out of state plate stops near you?

Well, busted now. Back to cars, indeed!

I don’t know what that means but coming back from Menards a couple days ago, I noticed a car with Nebraska plates. I think he had a Mustang and was in quite a hurry going around people. Just kinda wondered what his story was-or coulda been a she-couldn’t see.

Not much to talk about with cars though since they aren’t going anywhere much.

I was talking about getting into Florida I think, No non Florida plates allowed.

Ah, I get it. I think Michigan too.

1 Like

Hi, ma’am! I was starting to respond, I have an opinion or two after being trolled, but erased everything. I’m quite proud of myself and you should be, too, Ma’am.
Feel the magic! :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

Back to cars of course
I don’t care for the Corona Virus Car, but I’d be interested in driving the Corona Virus Vaccine Mobile as soon as it’s available! That’s just common sense!
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

1 Like