The cars that made the World

I’d say the jury is still out on that one. It is proof of historical activity. The activity may or may not have anything to do with the treasure but man-cut wood from the 1600s found 70 feet underground is significant of something.

The last episonde of the season contained results of chemical testing of the water in drill holes. A number of them showed large traces of silver, copper and zic at great depth. That is evidence of buried silver and bronze. Where there is silver, there may be gold so… the search continues.

1 Like

BTW in the Cars that Made the World.
If you like to spot goofs: When allies were bombing Stuttgart in the Porsche segment, they showed footage of B29s.

4 Likes

That part of my comment was addressed to @Barkydog I should have quoted him between my two trains of thought.

1 Like

The guy with his degree English from Ithaca College?

But my favorite are the part time ghost hunters who are full time plumbers.

In both cases their scientific methods of study are nonexistent.

I just can’t watch those guys… or any of the ghost or bigfoot hunters, simply because their scientific methods are non-existent. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The only episode of Ghost Hunters I ever watch was the episode filmed at the remains of the USAF Hospital, Clark AB, Philippines. That was only because I worked there in the 70s, just wanted to see what it looked like after the volcano blew.

When you pass yourself off as being scientific…and you’re NOT. Too many gullible people watch these shows and think it’s real.

2 Likes

Hey, plumbing is great training for ghost hunting. Pipe knocks are things that go bump in the night.

1 Like

So basically THOSE plumbers are too stupid to figure out that the pipes are knocking and automatically jump to the conclusion it’s ghosts. It’s the same with UFO’s. Objects in the sky are seen almost every day that we don’t know what it is (UNIDENTIFIED). But the non thinkers automatically jump to the conclusion they’re Aliens. What part of UNIDENTIFIED are they having a problem with?

Yeah, I am skeptical of anyone that says they encountered extraterrestrial objects piloted by sentient creatures, yet I’m certain that they must exist, given they immense number of planets we’ve discovered already. One of my aunts claimed to have been abducted by aliens. My mother’s comment was that her sister was strange.

There’s a difference between intelligence life on other planets and that intelligence life visiting us. Those are two different things. Based on the Drake equation it’s highly probable there thousands if not MILLIONS of planets that support intelligence life in our own galaxy. Based on our understanding of physics at this point in time - it’s damn near impossible for them to visit us.

As far as UFO’s go I know someone who can’t cook worth 2 cents but in their mind they are a gourmet cook most anything they put on the table I call a UFO unidentified food object.

5 Likes

To the best of our knowledge. Maybe we will figure out how to travel astonishing distances in a very short time. Much of what we do today was unthinkable 100 years ago.

1 Like

I don’t agree. The rules of physics were pretty well known 100 years ago. We’re not doing anything today that violates those rules, unlike faster than light travel.

There’s a difference between scientific theory and science fiction. Scientific Theory is a theory based on observable FACTS. The theory is to explain what is observed in nature and through experimentation. Science Fiction is just made up. Some is loosely based on science. The books and movie Jurassic park is a prime example. Yes we’ve been able to clone animals. Yes we have found dinosaur DNA fragments. Yes we’ve been able in some cases repair certain fragments. But everything after that is pure Science Fiction.

As Ambrose Bierce said:

“There is nothing new under the sun but there are lots of old things we don’t know.”

I am allowing that there’s a lot we don’t know yet, and advances will continue for a great long time.

2 Likes