Tail Lights

I own a Acura Vigor 1994. A week ago I parked the car and I noticed that the tail lights as well as the brake like stayy on despite the car being turned off.

Could you please tell me what is wrong, because I looked at the master cylinder and the ABS Modulator to see if there is a solenoid or switch that turns the brake lights on and off when you step on the brake pedal, but couldn’t find anything.

What controls the brake lights to go on and off?

Your pormpt response to this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Vic

There is a switch on the pedal cluster that is triggered by a plate on the brake pedal assembly. These are generally not adjustable, but may be broken. The light switch will turn the lights on whenever the plate is moved off the switch. The switch is opened when the plate pushes it in. You should be able to see it when you look under the dash and move the pedal with your hand.

Yep look up by the brake pedal for the switch. If you push it up and the lights don’t go off, the switch is bad. Otherwise out of adjustment.

In the 50’s, the Chrysler cars had a brake switch on the master cylinder. Maybe some still do but normally it is manually operated by the brake pedal.

Thank You very much for your recommendation.
I looked under the dashboard and founfd the switch, problem solved.
Regards