Sun visor sagging

Does anyone have a fix it or remedy for the sagging headrest?

I have an 1988 Olds 98 Regency. Thanks!

sorry, meant sun visor, not headrest LOL

Do you mean headliner?

Tester

The visor pivots on a rod. Try bending the rod slightly to see if that prevents the visor from dropping down.

Tester

Thanks, Tester
No, you were correct. The sun visors are both drooping. I am trying to think of some type of clip I can use to hold these up.

What works good is self adhesive Velcro. Stick the loop of the Velcro to the headliner and the hook to the backside of the visor.

Tester

1 Like

That will work! Thanks, Tester!

If they pull all the way off the pivot shafts, I would try to bend a shaft a little and see if that helps, or pad the shaft with something. Velcro is a good idea too.

I used to pound the pivot rod further into the visor body,cheap fix if it works.

I used magnets to fix mine. I felt that Velcro sticks too well, would ruin the headliner, and make it hard to just flip it down. I used some gorilla glue and 2 small round magnets. So far, they have enough ‘stick’.

1 Like

Or you could replace the brackets. :smile:
https://www.carupholsteryguys.com/category/view?cat=2997

You do realize that the original post was seven years ago?

Gee? I wonder if the OP figured something out by now?

Tester

Ugh, and I thought 2011 was the record.

Actually, Tester, I didn’t. Thanks for the heads-up.
IMHO we need dates by the headings. This has happened a number of times now. I don’t mine old posts, but clearly it happens.

The timeline is on the right side of the screen for PC users.
On the main screen if you roll over the time stamp in the activity column the date of the first post and last is shown.

Nevada, that’s only after you’ve opened the post. I’d like to see dates by the headings in the headings menu.
Having to open the thread to see its date clearly doesn’t prevent old threads from being brought back from the grave.

The timeline is on the main page and in the thread, you just have to take a second to read it.

That’s right, it’s IN THE THREAD.
It is NOT in the list of thread subjects, the thread subjects menu. You have to open the thread to see it.

What part of this can’t you understand?

1 Like

On the main screen if you roll over the time stamp in the activity column the date of the first post and last is shown.

I don’t understand if you are using a PC or a mobile device. The time stamps are shown on the right of my screen in the activity column.

PC.
I see what you’re alluding to now, but that is not what I’m suggesting. I’m suggesting that the date(s) be listed with the thread titles without having to know that they’re hidden under a button. Clearly, having to look for the dates isn’t preventing old threads from being brought back from the grave. Frankly, I was unaware that that information was there, and if I was unaware of it, I’m sure that countless others are and will be unaware of it.

I still recommend that the dates be prominently listed with the thread titles.