Strange noise and leak in front passenger area when turning left, but only when air is on

I do not know much about cars. I tried to consult my owners manual, but it did not help at all.
The problem is this. I have a 2004 Suzuki Aerio with about 73,000 miles on it. When I have my blower on (regardless if hot or cold, ambient, defrost, or AC) and I turn left, my car starts making a “shoof” noise kind of like a large stack of paper falling over. Just today I noticed that the floor of my front passenger area was wet and discovered that there is also a leak or leaks coming down from behind my glovebox when I make these left turns. If I don’t have the blower on, there is no noise and (presumably) no leak. The contents of my glovebox are completely dry. I am at a loss as to what is causing this.

Any idea what this is, whether it is serious, and can I fix this myself or do I have to take it in? And if I have to take it in to get fixed, how should this problem be described in order to get it fixed properly? I had brought it in to a Midas a few weeks ago about the noise (before I discovered the leak and the air-dependence of the problem) and the guys there said that they heard the noise but thought it was just my wheel rubbing against the wheel well when making sharp turns and that it wasn’t that big of a problem.

More than likely, the leak (and possibly the noise) are the result of the condensate drain for the A/C system being clogged.

This is something that is very basic, and, if the guys at Midas can’t figure out something this basic, then it just confirms my opinion that Midas is a place that I would patronize ONLY for exhaust work. Instead, you need a real mechanic who is capable of actual diagnostic ability, and it is likely that a good independent mechanic will come to the same conclusion that I have, namely that the condensate drain needs to be blown out with compressed air.

Have someone locate the condensate drain tube on the firewall and see if it’s plugged.

If you’ve been using the airconditioning, moisture collects in the drain pan and is supposed to drain out. If the tube is plugged the water can’t drain out, So it reaches a level where it spills onto the floor.

Tester

It’s my guess that the drain pipe on the A/C cooling coil is plugged.
When you turn a corner, the water runs to one side and leaks onto the floor under the dash.
The sound you hear could be the water hitting the blower fan.

Thank you both, now I just have to find a mechanic with hours that my work schedule can work with. Glad it’s not too serious.