Stop sign humor

4 Likes

Is that sign in Buffalo, or Springfield?

6 Likes

Hippies in suburbia? Most everyone grows up some day. Not me, but almost everyone.

Judging from the cracks in the road and the pothole to the right, Iā€™d guess Buffalo.

Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional :smile:

2 Likes

Not enough snow on the ground to be Buffalo. Donā€™t tell me the picture was taken in August. Thatā€™s just two weeks of bad sledding.

1 Like

Buffalo Springfield! Ha, ha! :smile:

For what itā€™s worth, I get it! :joy:
Good one!
CSA

1 Like

The music from the mid 60s until the mid 70s seems to have stayed popular longer than other periods. More than half the FM stations within range of my truckā€™s radio play oldies but goodies and mostly from that time. I often hear Pink Floyd being played and find that high school kids are playing it as though it was contemporary to them.

Considering the ā€œhigh qualityā€ :poop: that is running pop music today, can you blame them?

2 Likes

You mean my poor opinion of current music isnā€™t due to my being out of date? I grew up with my parents listening to Lawrence Welk and assumed that my dislike for champagne music back then carried over to teenagers today turning up their noses to the Rolling Stones and James Brown.

And because I sometimes pay attention to the seemingly unimportant has the internet trashed the recording industry and taken the profit out of being an up and coming ā€˜star?ā€™ I heard an NPR report on that subject not long ago while driving my Blazer to buy some parts at Auto Zoneā€¦

One of the greatest things is free FM radio with stations that play oldies from the 60s and 70sā€¦ I love it! I get several of them.

I like to say that all the good music has already been made. I had kids later in life, but I grew up with that music. My 1970s Technics stereo receiver is always pumping it out through 4 large Jensen Speakers. Feel the magic! Because of that my kids did, too. We had many contests (and still do) involving oldies trivia.

Everybodyā€™s younger than I am. My wife is 9 years younger. My son is 39 years younger than I am and my daughter (college student) is 47 years younger than I, but their appreciation for and knowledge of those oldies is outstanding! Older folks are often amazed by it.
CSA

Definitely not, the quality of music has really declined in the past 5-10 yearsā€¦

1 Like

Oh I dunno. Thereā€™s a lot of junk out there today, but some stuff is good. I enjoy OK Go, Mumford and Sons, Imagine Dragons, and of course Justin Bieber.

And if weā€™re fair, a lot of stuff in the 60ā€™s and 70ā€™s was bad too - we just donā€™t hear it anymore 'cause no one wants to play it. Remember Yummy Yummy Yummy ? It came out the same month and year as Simon and Garfunkelā€™s Mrs. Robinson. :wink: (which of course is from The Graduate, a movie which featured a stunningly beautiful '66 Alpha Romeo Spider 1600!)

(I was joking about Justin Bieber.)

2 Likes

Whew! You had me worried there for a moment!

3 Likes

Words can not explain how relieved I am ! :relieved:

2 Likes

I was about to suggest you get an MRI of your head for brain damage :wink:

1 Like

I have heard of Justin Bieber but didnā€™t know he was a rock star(?). I thought he was a star on some kids tv show on MTV like Beavis and Butthead. But there are WAAAAY too many television stations and my cable company wonā€™t allow me to drop out of stations Iā€™m not interested in so I find myself surfing from 6 to 226 back to 29 just to see the news and weather and watch an old Perry Mason show. As I surf I catch blips of all sorts of ridiculous junk. In fact there is a program called Ridiculous on somewhere.

1 Like

He was. He was (I think) a ā€œMousketeerā€. All the little girls thought he was cute. They all swooned. As he grew older, some smart promoters created an image for him of a handsome pop star. He was never really very talented, and is really an entertainment media creation. Eventually it all went to his head and he began to believe his own press. Heā€™s a fraud, a media creation, and I personally think he must know it and is headed for a major breakdown. The kid treats his fans terribly, and is constantly getting into trouble, and I suspect these are cries for help.

You like the music on the radio because no one but the elderly listens to the radio any more. Music comes through streaming services like Pandora. Traffic info comes through Google maps and Waze.

I agree, and I think itā€™s funny that every generation of old people complains about new music not being as good as theirs. If there is one constant in the universe, it is that old people donā€™t like young peopleā€™s music.

Personally, I find new music repetitive and derivative. Very little of it is original, but there is some good new music out there.

2 Likes