“Stop for “ sign

I really do not understand what is so hard about the ( Stop Here for Pedestrians ) sign or the Round Abouts .

It’s simple.

Some have a higher IQ than others. Or different interpretations of things, particularly from a different culture.

Depends on state and circumstances. Here in NH…Pedestrians have the right of way IF they are in the crosswalk. In cities like Boston…Pedestrians have the right away when the crossing light is says to cross. They do NOT have the right of way if the sign says “DO NOT CROSS”.

2 Likes

As I learned to my dismay when visiting Hawaii, pedestrians in that state have the right of way under all circumstances. Not very driver-friendly, IMHO.

That is the way it is here… The visitors coming to Nashville keep walking out in front of vehicles in the wrong location and getting “bumped” by vehicles with the right away and the driver is not at fault… That being said, it is NOT open season on J walkers and you do NOT get10 points for hitting someone… lol… You will go to jail for being stupid…

It’s the Minnesota dance since the law was changed. Some kids especially on campus think they have the right of way so just walk out in front of cars. Then others stay on the curb until traffic clears and some cars stop in mid stream if they see someone on the curb. No one seems to know, except if they are in a crosswalk already then you stop, otherwise you don’t. Then I have seen confusion from both drivers and bike riders not knowing if they are vehicles or pedestrians. Some walk their bikes and others ride them adding to the confusion. Then of course there are the bike lanes adjacent to freeway exit and entrance lanes requiring driving through the bike lanes. I 75 you know who you are. The whole thing has gotten crazy nuts trying to accommodate walkers, bikers, golf carts, etc. the idea is not to run over anyone or cause accidents, I mean crashes.

Heh heh, for us Minnesotans, Nashville is like Indianapolis. You have to go through there to get anywhere else. Just drive, don’t walk.

Reminds me of my embarrassing driving experience years ago in Paris. I thought the upcoming signs meant one-way road, and I was going the wrong way. Nothing I could at that point but stop. Honk honk honk … a driver behind me got out of his car, explained the signs meant No Parking … lol …

Clueless has said they have been here for 2 decades and seems to have a good understanding of English so there is no excuse for not understanding traffic signs.

In Chicago once a pedestrian steps off the curb you must yield.