Step up and be a man

What a joy it has been too. What is so easy for a man most women won’t even attempt. Denise Hubner would be alive today if a decent man had stopped to help her with her flat tire. After many such men passed her by at night, a monster stopped to abduct and murder her.

So you’re saying that no woman on earth could possibly have the skill or know how to change a flat tire? And furthermore how would you know for certain that “many such men passed by her at night” Were you there on the proverbial grassy knoll counting the cars go by?

But if other men were expected to help my wife, didn’t I have to do likewise? It was an epiphany, and since that time, I have pulled over and changed countless flat tires for women, gotten gas for them, even installed a new radiator hose.

What a manly man you are, a regular paragon of virtue. I’m sure there are scores of hapless women singing your praises, since all woman are clearly incapable of accomplishing the most simple of tasks without having a man standing beside them. [/sarcasm]

All of what the OP is blustering about boils down to personal responsibility. Personal responsibility applies equally to both sexes

My daughter can change her own ; oil, plugs, tires, wipers, fuses, filters, bulbs, and most other wrench and screwdriver stuff.
My son can’t open the hood.

Which one is more in need of help on the side of the road ?

Both of them would be extremely leery of anyone stopping on the premise of helping, except for official emergency vehicles.( This actually happened to my daughter. The state cop was surprised that she had the spare half changed already and could have finished the entire job herself, but stayed and assisted until she was safely on her way.)

Both of them have cel phones and know how to use them.

Normal human decency would allow all of us to stop to help anyone regardless of gender.

Yet in the current socio-environment it’s normal to be cautious of anyone who stops. There’s even wierdos who play the ‘broken down’ role to lure in a victim AND there’s sheisters who pull up in an official looking wrecker only to take you for all you’ve got ( or worse ).

My daughter is 41 with a 35 month old baby. I asked her last night when she bought gas. She said when the gauge got down to half. I asked her why she filled at only 1/2.She said, “SO I DON’T RUN OUT OF GAS.”

If his other thread is still there, I am going to state my opinion, that both he and his wife should have been arrested for negligent endangerment of a child. His wife is driving that little kid around while never looking at the gas gauge. And, as a Real Man, he should have been checking that car daily for such things as gas.

This is the modern way. Engage in totally careless, negligent, and dangerous conduct, and when you have a problem, blame everyone else.

Did you note that on an apparently crowded dangerous highway, she was driving in the fast lane with that baby aboard?

To add to your “modern way” …they drive it till it breaks down, no maintenance in between, then dare to cry !-warranty-! here at the dealership. ? :frowning: ?

Ted Bundy was a clean cut guy… Need I say more…

transman

How does BozoBama know “many such men passed her by at night” before some monster stopped? If Bozo knows that, what else might he know about the case? Hmmmm.

I’ve stopped and helped my share of people in my life. Most were genuinely grateful and some were raving weirdos. And I’ll continue to do so depending on the situation at hand, of course.

But seriously, how about a cell phone and a AAA membership if you’re worried about loved ones?

This has to be a troll, although I cannot believe the answers I am seeing here.
The women I now DO know how to change a tire, fill a tank, etc. We aren’t idiots. We don’t need “the men in our lives” to teach us. Anyone could teach us this.

Any decent PARENT would teach their child (MALE OR FEMALE) how to drive, how to care for their car, how to deal with emergency situations and how to be careful out there.

Why is this a man/woman thing?

Sigh, I’ll go ask my clutch question now…

It is only a man/woman thing because not enough parents act as responsibly as you. Let’s face it, women are underrepresented in most technical and scientific fields, which, to this day, still remain male-dominated. We need to reverse this trend and urge more girls to go into technical professions.

Yah , I think it’s only a gender issue to bozobama. Who, if you’ve noticed, has never ( aside from posting ‘be a man, part two’) revisited these posts to face up to the bludgeoning he’s getting from ALL of us who do not think or act that way.

It does make interesting reading, as I assumed it would when a stick is driven into the ant pile, when all of us race to type in our opinions to the contrary so as not to dare be assumed that we might think the same as the OP.

ken

I believe that our “friend”, Bozo, is not able to return to this page or any other page on this site. I believe that he has been banned/blocked–and rightfully so.

Spacemom; I’m delighted to learn that you are not mystified by cars and realize that they are an integral part of our daily lives and everyone needs to be able to at least manage them.

Having said that, my wife (who is “car-smart”), has a university-educated friend who has always relied on her husband to do everything except gas up her car. He is now disabled, and she categorically refuses to learn anything about her car, and will not even read the 6 pages dealing with the maintenance. I offered to highlight and explain the important parts, to no avail. Cars, according to her are “guy things”, even though she relies on one every day.

Instead she is relying on what the local Chrysler dealer tells her she needs, which includes a lot of unnecessary stuff.

She is also totally unprepared for any emergency, aside from having an AAA membership. When her daughter got her driver’s license, I gave her the book by Mary Jackson written for women car owners. Pleased to hear she read it and is now a very accomplished car owner living and driving in England.

My wife’s friend’s husband (who learned to be a good cook!)requires complex medication, which his wife has to measure and administer; she does this without any problem.

Please refer to my previous post outlining why so many women refuse to become car-smart. I’m puzzled.

Where are all these responses people are replying to? Most of what you folks have in bold I can’t find in this thread. And who is an OP? I’m quite confused.

OP=Original poster–in this case, “BozoBama”

Because of the inflamatory nature of many of his posts subsequent to his first post (his first post wasn’t really a question, but was more of a pontification), and because he insulted many other members of this forum, those subsequent posts were taken down by the site’s moderators. When those posts disappeared, it did make it very confusing for anyone who only sees the responses to BozoBama’s now-missing statements.

For instance, BozoBama suggested that when women are stranded on the road, they should lock themselves in their vehicle’s trunk if they can’t find safe refuge nearby! That should give you just a small sample of the “unique” functioning of this person’s thought process.

Just being bizarre is not enough to have your comments removed, but when someone crosses the line into defamation, character assassination, and blatant political pandering, his/her posts will soon be deleted. (Yes, he saw fit to bring his intense dislike of President Obama into a discussion of safety on the road for women. I think that most people would agree that this was further evidence of Bozo’s “unique” thought process.)

As far as I can tell, BozoBama has now been banned from this site.

This ‘clown’ posted in two different threads, this one and a ‘part 2’. He seems upset that his wife got stranded on the side of the road, and no one stopped to help. It is just a rant from the OP (original poster, or starter of the thread) that seems to have triggered a firestorm or criticisms. In two parts.

And, BTW, since the OP established an account in order to post, and only posted these two threads, in the wrong category, he is, by definition, a troll.

Here! Here!