Stellantis

Back in the 60’s when I spent summers in the truck plant, a consultant was brought in to review the work flow in the wood shop. He was paid $50 an hour which was a lot of money back then. As soon as he left, the Foreman changed everything around again for efficiency. 30 years of hands on experience sometimes beats book lernin’. RIP Gordy. It was fun workin’ for ya and learned a lot.

2 Likes

After my brother got back from his duty in Vietnam, his first civilian job was as a management consultant with a company that was brought-in by Pan Am. They made a lot of suggestions to Pan Am, but his supervisors essentially told him and the other new-hires to, “just recommend changes, even if you’re not sure that they are necessary”.

But, whether Pan Am implemented those procedural changes or not is kind of a moot point. That airline struggled-along with great difficulty for another couple of decades before going belly up.

Chrysler Plant Manager.

Wonder what the new logo will be.

I think it will be an oval like all the rest with a big S in the center with a vertical line going through the S, like this $. I’m gonna send them a consulting bill for $5000 on that one.

1 Like

Here it is:

As you can see, the cartoon at the beginning of this thread depicted it correctly.

We won’t be seeing that on any cars, it’s just the corporate logo.

1 Like

My 2003 Dodge Caravan is great. The only major problem I ever had with it, rough shift, was fixed with a computer upgrade.

I can just see the memo now. Because we are a multinational company with employeess and customers all around the world, we need to choose a name that means nothing in any known language.

4 Likes

11 Brand Names That Have Embarrassing Meanings In Other Languages - Business Insider

Well it would mean something to those folks from Latin America. Oh wait, they don’t speak Latin. Ah ha ha. :grin:

2 Likes

Witz (pronounced “vitz”) in German means joke, and is the brand name for the Yaris in the Japanese home market. No wonder Toyota changed the name of the Vitz.

Depending on the market they also used the Echo name, Toyota used several different model names in Europe, presumably to help sales. The Corolla became the Auris and their version of the Camry was called the Avensis but based on the same platform.

How would you like to have been driving a Studebaker Dictator when WWII came along?

1 Like

How about an SS - which was later renamed to Jaguar.

The car badge’ll probably be the stylized A in the middle.

I don’t think any car will be called a “Stellantis”, nor will any one of their brands. They’ll be getting rid of some of the brands, if anything.

+1
In fact, their website displays the logos for Fiat, Peugeot, Dodge, Ram, Maserati, etc.

I remember when Dave Garroway drove an SS100. I knew the SS was for Standard Swallow so my mind never made the leap to Waffen SS.

Oh I dunno. I could see them deciding to make a luxury division since they lack one now. Yeah, I know, Maserati, but that’s more thought of in the supercar category than stuff like BMW/Lexus.