State Farm beacon

I would spell “Eerie” as “Scary”! NAZIS would have loved this technology!

Thanks for translating “eerie” for the guys in the flash card section. :blush:

I don’t have that app. I don’t have any apps but my wife does and I have no idea what’s on her phone but it’s always talking to me telling me where to turn. I usually say just put the phone in the back seat where it belongs. Now if google has that information, guess who else has it? I can think of two major governments.

I too, have State Farm Drive Safe & Save. I haven’t had but one problem. I drive 55 and everyone wants to go around me or the cars line up on sr117 (a busy highway in Ohio). I sometimes pull over at a park to let them get by, (I finally got a car with cruise control which has helped with my lead foot, lol). I got 100% one time but I usually stay at 98-99%. I don’t think I have had it long enough to record a discount yet.

Sorry , but you are not a safe driver . You don’t have to speed but if you are stacking up traffic you are being a problem .

6 Likes

I drive the speed limit which is safe by law. I do pull over at the half way point of my trip to let them get by.

1 Like

If the speed limit is 55 and traffic is stacking up behind you on a 2-lane road, that’s not your problem. If you’re feeling really nice you can pull over and let them go past, but that’s not required. The dangerous drivers are the ones stacking up behind because they can’t be bothered to respect her right to obey the speed limit.

7 Likes

What?? Government agencies need subpoena’s to obtain any data from Google. They don’t just hand their data over.

If you’re in the far right lane, then I agree. If you’re in any other lane, then you are a danger to other drivers.

5 Likes

I would agree with you had I not got the Drive Safe & Save, lol.

It’s a 2 lane state route.

While we are one this subject…can anyone tell me a better place to put the beacon besides on the windshield? In my Kia, I stuck it to the backside of the rearview mirror and it worked just fine. Any other ideas besides out the window when traffic pisses me off, lol?

My safe driving record of just one ticket almost forty years ago and no accidents that were my fault already gets me a discount on my car insurance. Not interested in being micro-manage tracked.

5 Likes

When I lived in CA if traffic was stacking up behind you, you were required to pull off and let them pass. I doubt it was enforced.

I’ve never been accused of impeding traffic behind me unless maybe on ice. I do believe though on a two lane highway, driving too slow is more dangerous than driving too fast.

1 Like

We have that in OR. 10 or more vehicles stacked up behind you requires pulling over at the first safe opportunity. I have never seen it enforced.

Are you supposed to count??? Take your eyes off the forward road enough to figure out if there are only 9 or already 11 cars behind you??
yeah, that won’t cause any issues… :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Not to change the subject a little but I thought it was interesting, the question was asked of the state patrol about the new hands free law. The question was whether it was OK to pull over to answer an important call. The answer was no. You can only pull over on the side of the road for an emergency. So same answer, find a safe parking lot. Yeah sure, good luck with that.

1 Like

I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT ENFORCED.

It looks like a complete sentence to me!!!

If I were the ornery type, I’d take a block of wood, paint it black and hold it up to my ear just to hear them mumble. Nothing in the law about a block of wood but I suppose they would say distracted driving. Live free or die.

Incidentally, since the law was passed, the Patrol is reporting a higher incidence of people using their phones. So much for passing laws. I suppose it might be like advertising though, just talking about it makes people want to do it. I dunno.