St. Louis responsible for Hyundai/Kia thefts

Logically… yes.
However, criminals of every type always seem to think that they are smarter than everyone else, and that they will escape detection/arrest/prosecution–even if that defies logic. That trait seems to be pretty-much universal with those who steal, cheat, or engage in other practices to enrich themselves.

1 Like

Hmm, just recycling aluminum cans requires photo ID where I live.

Trying to think of a reason why gov’t would require that. … hmmm … In this area I’m asked for a signature indicating I received the cash for the cans and bottles, but no ID required. For some reason ID is required to recycle certain items, like water heaters.

This topic came up on a Facebook group I am part of for kayaking Missouri rivers. There are public river accesses and criminals unfortunately see vehicles left for several hours as an opportunity to break into cars or steal converters, etc. I know people who have had batteries and wiring stolen, likely for lead and copper scrap. Also a few rims as that alloy as a value… Missouri has always been one of the worst states for drugs so I am sure that is the mean reason for all this.

Anyway, just after several posted about this problem and proposed laws to make it harder to sell a converter without proving ownership, a Facebook ad on how you can sell your converter over state lines with no ID required showed up. Discrete shipping boxes with postage paid are provided. This just seems so appropriate when dealing with Facebook these days. It seems like the only “users” that company cares about are the scammers and other criminals who pay them money to host ads and other content that only harms others.