Squeeling Steering Wheel after failed power steering

So here is the backstory:

The BCM Failed on my 2003 Saturn Vue. With that glitching I saw multiple problems elsewhere: Gauges would ‘bounce’ and power steering failed.

With the Power Steering becoming almost nonexistent, turning was a task. I would go into the city and parallel parking was nearly impossible. By forcing the steering wheel this way for about a year or so, it seems that the gears (or some other moving part) have been worn down.

I have since had the BCM replaced, and my power steering works like a charm. The only issue that I have now is that my steering wheel makes a noise like a whining animal when I turn it. It is annoying and embarrassing and seems to get worse in these winter months (as opposed to summer). I searched online forums and I really cant find anything that applies. Someone said to just spray grease under the steering wheel where all of the moving parts are. I am hesitant to do that.

Note: I have isolated the sound and I can 100% say that it is coming from right behind/underneath the steering wheel.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!

The noise might be coming from the clock spring located behind the steering wheel. The clock spring is a device that allows the electrical connections between the controls located on the steering wheel which can be turned and the wiring harness in the steering column. It works in the same manner as a tape measure does. Only instead of reeling out a metal tape measure it reels out a flat ribbon of wires.

Tester