Squeaky 'jumping-on-boxspring-mattress' sound

I have a 2002 subaru impreza wrx sedan. When I turn left, a squeaky ‘jumping-on-boxspring-mattress’ sound emanates from the right front wheel. What could be causing this noise? How do I troubleshoot for the solution?

If you have to ask then your best bet is to take it to a good, local front end/alignment shop. Lots of things up there can be squeaky from brakes/rotor dust shields, to wheel bearings, strut springs, strut bearing plates, bushings…etc. Don’t be surprised if its hard for a shop to figure it out.

It very specifically has something to do with the right front wheel. When I turn right there is no noise. When i accelerate, there is no noise. if i cruise at a steady speed it is mildly noticeable and increases in volume with greater degree of a left turn (greater stress on the right side suspension). The car had its brake pads replaced / rotors resurfaced about 1100 miles ago. a week ago it received an alignment on both axles.

If it is the right front wheel, given the above notes, it could still be any of the following list: squeaky from brakes/rotor dust shields, to wheel bearings, strut springs, strut bearing plates, bushings…etc?

Yes.

One of the more common things that would work this way would be a wheel bearing on its way out - left turn. Weight to right-side bearing.

wonderful, to the mechanic it goes. thanks

verdict is in, mechanic says its the hub bearing