Songs about cars / road trips

Take it easy- The Eagles '72

Flirtin’ with disaster- Molly Hatchet '79-This was playing on the radio while heading up to my favorite grandmother’s house in my least favorite sister’s '68 delta 88 (with the “optional” two keg trunk :roll_eyes: )

Winslow, Arizona has a ‘Standin’ on the corner’ statue. Worth a minute if you’re driving through - Winslow’s on I-40. I went Leonids-watching with friends from NYC in '98. One of them wanted to see the statue enough to arrange a trip from Tucson - she didn’t drive - a true NYer.

Chevy Van, by Sammy Johns

I suggested it because I LIKE his version of the song…

Of course the use of overdrive makes stalling more likely. Songs, like Hollywood movies, are not documentaries.

Ry Cooder, “Crazy 'bout an Automobile (Every woman I know)”

Too recent for the OPs requested time frame but…
Mercury Blues, Alan Jackson

Really old: My Merry Oldsmobile, Billy Murray

Not a song but a commercial. See the USA in your chevrolet.

1 Like

King of the Road - Roger Miller

The End - The Doors. The lyrics “ride the snake” did not refer to taking massive doses of psychedelics but a seven mile stretch of a road from Hollywood to the ocean that was very curvy and a favorite ride for bikers to make and arrive at the the end, a beach, at dawn.

Riders on the Storm - The Doors

2 Likes

He didn’t have a car, did he?

Mulholland?

Another good song I haven’t heard in years.

You should get satellite radio they have station’s that play all the oldie’s.

1 Like

Got “Road” in the title.

I don’t remember, it could be but I think if it was, I would have remembered that.

Done that but they don’t keep the statue outside any more. That girl in the flat bed Ford is 60 ish now.

Beep Beep by the Playmates.

Freeway of Love (in a pink Cadillac) - Aretha Franklin

Pink Cadillac - Bruce Springfield

“In My Merry Oldsmobile” first sung by Gus Edwards in 1905.

You are a bad influence. You’ve got me on hemmings looking for a pink '57.

1 Like

But no ‘trip’.

? Worried about BLM protestors?

Sounds good to me.

2 Likes

The only way to get from Hollywood to the ocean in 7 miles is to take Sunset or Santa Monica, neither exciting. The exciting route (much longer) is Outpost to Mulholland to Kanan Dume. I’ve done that. Rattled my brains.

Advance to 1:25 or so for the song

Running Down a Dream by Tom Petty.