Something new on the Boob Tube

When the cable co. figured out I was getting free cable (right after the digital transition) I just quit watching. My productivity level went through the roof. I watch topgear online and found that if there is something I want to watch I can find it online (legally) pretty easy (except for the history channel). I’m much happier without TV.

It would not surprise me at all if that old Caddy was being towed on a trailer for filming.
I can’t say whether the shift lever was in Park or not, simply because I can’t manage to stay awake during the snooze-fest that this show represents for me.

Even though I enjoy the UK version, it is obvious that it is highly scripted in order to produce some of the outcomes for their adventures with old cars. Because the UK version is so highly scripted, I would be very surprised if the US version was not similarly scripted.

probably even more so due to “safety regulations”

I agree with your assessment that the UK version is scripted, but it is well scripted. I would be willing to bet it became scripted to exploit the natural interactions between the hosts, but it probably started out as natural discourse. When the ratings increased as a result of these natural interactions, the writers amped it up to 11.

I haven’t seen the US show, and probably won’t. I don’t have cable anymore. I will have internet at home in a day or two though, so someone please post a link.

has all the episodes of Top Gear for download

edit: tonight Leno is gonna talk with the hosts of this show