Should I buy Mazda CX-5 GT 2019?

I don’t know much about cars but I found this car. 95,000km used and have 2 years of warranty. Canadian dollar after-tax price is 35k. Should I buy this car? or are there any other better options that I should consider? (Used or new) What Should I check before I buy it? Any suggestions? (I am in Canada/Halifax)

That model and year have a Better Than Average overall reliability record, according to Consumer Reports. April is their annual car issue and has a wealth of info, and can help whether you know little or a lot about cars.
Are you in a hurry? Do you think this car will fit your needs? A local bank or credit union can help determine if that is a fair price; also if leasing may be a wise choice for you.

My main suggestion is to slow down and savor the decision.

There’s a lot to like about Mazdas. I don’t see many of them here in Duluth, MN. The old ones seem to suffer more from rust than other makes of similar age. For me, that’s a big minus.

Most of us live in the US and don’t know your taxes or market. Test drive it then determine the condition of the car if you are still interested. Make a list of anything that is wrong with it. Next look online at other, similar CX-5s for sale and see if the asking price is similar. You will probably need to consider before tax pricing if your market is anything like the US market. If you are still interested in it pay a mechanic you trust for a prepurchase inspection. If you are still interested use all the data you collected to determine a price that you are willing to pay. You may need to reduce the asking price by any work that needs to be done to pass registration inspection.

2 Likes

It’s a good vehicle, I have no opinion on the price or the condition of this particular one

1 Like

-'s

1. Its not going to get good MPG.
  2. Its going to be slow.
  3. not going to look as good as a sedan

+'s

1. more cargo space
  2. may feel sturdier
  3. sits higher
1 Like