Shop fluid plastic squeeze bottles

Visit some yard sales this Saturday, maybe you will find an ordinary oiler can.

1 Like

I’ve used those for oil, and they work pretty good for when you need to pump the oil upward to reach a hard to access spot, but every one of them I’ve used leaked oil. Maybe the leak is why they don’t self-empty … lol .

I know Napa still sells them… They work great for a lot of things…

Yes, the cap and tube are one piece. I even manage to explode one. Dry ice, warm water, replace cap. First water squirted out as I anticipated. Water did not come out fast enough, saw bottle expand, drop it in a sink, ran, then kaboom☹️.

You said it yourself- they’re intended to be LAB squeeze bottles, not garage liquid dispensers. Those are all over the production floor and in the engineering labs at work. Nobody stores them on the dock…

1 Like

Correct, these types of squeeze bottle don’t appear to be commonly used for auto shop use. For example I’m seeing none on the shop shelves in this u-tube about engine building, in an extremely well appointed & equipped pro shop .

Like I said I just use glue bottles from rockler and works fine, not lab bottles. I do use outdated specimen cups for paint touch up but otherwise stay away from lab supplies for the garage. Don’t need to watch a 30 minute vid.

1 Like

I guess George does not realize that he is helping who ever made that video get clicks which does not really mean much about this original question.