Shocks or Springs

I have an 02 Acura Integra and everytime i go over a pot whole or a bump on the road the rear of the car feels and sounds like metal is hitting metal.Do I need to get new shocks? Thank You

Yes probably. It could be a broken spring or sway link.

Struts, actually. And,as Eurydale said, there are other possibilities as well. The only way to find out is under the car.

Pardon Me. I’m Trying To Look Up An 02 Acura Integra. There Are No Acuras Anywhere Around Here (Don’t Know If I’ve Ever Seen One) And I Don’t Know One From A Bale Of Hay.

I’ll still try. I get a choice for an 02 Acura of a CL, MDX, NSX, RL, RSX, or TL. Is one of those the same or similar to an Acura Integra ?

I see a Technical Service Bulletin pertaining to broken Rear Stabilizer Links on some 99 - 05 Acuras and I’m trying to see if it covers your’s. They’ve made improved links.

Let me know,
CSA

Curious, does this help?

The fourth generation Integra, produced from 2002 on, was renamed the Acura RSX for the United States, Canada and Hong Kong in accordance with Acura’s new alphabetical naming scheme. It also had an entirely new engine, the K-series. The Integra came in two models in the United States, the RSX base model, and the RSX-S boasting the K20A2 engine from 2002 to 2004, while the 2005 and 2006 RSX-S came with a K20Z1. The RSX was still sold as a Honda Integra in Japan and Australia, markets where Acura did not exist

TMI! So, The Answer Is That I Can Go With A 2002 Acura RSX, Right ?
(2002 Acura Integra = 2002 Acura RSX, Eh?)

Thanks,
CSA

Forget About The Above Bulletin Pertaining To Broken Stabilizer Links. It Applies To 02 CLs, TLs, And TSXs.

However, I’d still check them while looking for the clunk in back. Check exhaust hangers, too.

CSA