“Shipping Crisis” Will Not End

found this interesting.

I’m A Twenty Year Truck Driver, I Will Tell You Why America’s “Shipping Crisis” Will Not End | by Ryan JOHNSON | Oct, 2021 | Medium

Sorry, I’m not going to read the whole thing. What I have read is that the cargo loaders are union and super slow. Take their time if you are on their good side and if on their bad side, wait for days to get your load. The second thing I’ve heard a couple times is that California is so strict concerning their emissions requirements for trucks that you almost have to have a new truck to be able to qualify, thus reducing the trucks available. Of course there seem to be trucks waiting, just not being loaded.

This is another related warning I saw yesterday. I got oil and filters for both cars and an extra carb for the blower but I had to go to 4 stores to get Mobil Super and AZ Delco filters were $9. (Didn’t buy them) Just watch you news and you will get zip information.

California also will not allow indie truckers inside the ports anymore as well as the low emission and soon no emission trucks.

The Cali ports are also not running 24/7.

100 ships waiting to unload with the cargo spoiling and increasing daily. I know it’s not easy to change ports to another state, but let’s try or put the ports under marshal law. It’s like we want to fail.

I expect Covid’s effects will be felt a very long time. A news report today in fact said the BART system (mass transit train/subway) is not expected to reach the same number of pre-Covid riders until 8 years from now. I expect the airlines will have similar problems. You’ve probably already heard about the recent passenger complaints.

The airline passengers are ready and ticketed. It is the crews that are staying home because their employers are requiring they all be vaccinated. Weather is the excuse, but not the reason for flight cancellations.

1 Like