Shipping a car to East cost vs Buying in East coast?

Why don’t you call them ( Cross Country Driver ) and ask them ?

No need to call, you can get a price quote on line.

1 Like

Thanks @Don45 - there is more service like that:

https://www.autodriveaway.com/

These are folks who will charge you. At 60mph that’s 40 hours for the distance someone herein suggested. What is that driver going to ask for hourly pay + meals etc.? A service member may just be looking for a “ride” and not necessarily want to be paid just to get home maybe and no cost.

1 Like

A round trip airline ticket from San Diego to Atlanta can be found for $162, without a military discount. I wouldn’t trust my car to a stranger in a uniform who is desperate for transportation.

3 Likes

First of all it really is difficult to average 60mph . Second , who pays for motel or transportation for the hired driver if the vehicle breaks down someplace ? Too many things that could cost a person more that they planned.

my thoughts (not worth much) Sell it for 5k. add the money you will save from shipping cost to the 5k and buy a vehicle near you. and you will probably have less aggravation too.

1 Like

Ship the car!
You have to rent a car in GA to find that gem of a Honda Civic for $7K specially in today’s used car market. The rental car itself might cost you $500+. Factor in another 1500 to fix the basic stuff on the Civic and you are way over your budget.

1 Like