Shaky Pilot

I drive a 2004 Honda Pilot with 110,000 miles. At low speeds (less than 30 mph) over a bumpy road, the car undercarriage will vibrate violently. It happens only occasionally and stops immediately when I slow down. I assume it’s a suspension problem but not sure of the exact cause. I also can’t figure out why it doesn’t happen all the time under those same conditions. Thoughts?

The first thing that comes to mind is a loose exhaust pipe.
When an exhaust hanger becomes broken or detached, it allows much of the exhaust system to bang against the underside of the car–particularly on a bumpy road. The net effect–in addition to noise–is that the resulting metal fatigue will wind up breaking the exhaust pipe if the situation is not corrected.
Is it possible that this is what you are hearing–assuming that you are hearing a noise?

Are you hearing a specific type of noise?
Or–are you feeling shaking/vibration through the steering wheel, and/or through the seat of your pants?
Some clarification would be helpful here

Thanks for your comments. No, I don’t heat a specific metal-on-metal rattle or clanking similar to what you might hear with a loose mufler or pipe hanger, It;s more of a vibration that I feel thru the seat of my pants. Bad Struts, perhaps?

BJB