2003 Honda Pilot

I have a 2003 Honda Pilot with 117,947 miles on it. When I reach 40 mph there is a shuttering sound that vibrates throught the front floor boards. Took it to a Honda dealer and they could not duplicate the issue. It happend intermittenly. Does not appear to be related to outside temperature or level of gas in tank. Any ideas of what the issue may be for the shuttering?

Could be a tire. Rotate the tires and see if the problem moves.

Hondas have a tendency to get loose heat shields that vibrate noisily. That’s the first place I would investigate, anywhere along the exhaust system. Try running the engine in neutral and find the RPM when the clatter occurs. That would eliminate tires and other rolling gear from consideration. I have had good luck with a local exhaust shop that put a long worm-gear strap around a heat shield once, and remounted one that fell off in another instance.

Does it feel like driving over rumble strips? If so, it sounds like you’re describing the torque converter problems common to Hondas and Acuras of that age, especially given the speed where it happens.