Sensor has high input

I have a 96 Eldorado 4.6. I sprayed carburator cleaner into the throttle body at 2000RPM, trying to clean the varnish off. Now, a week later, I have a Code P0113. My code reader says, Sensor 1 high input. Did I damage the sensor, or is there an other problem, Also, how do I fix the problem?

The definition for the code you gave is “Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High Input”. This is a different sensor than the MAF but it is most likely near the intake. Check for any loose connections to the sensors since that is what the code is saying.

The DTC P0113 (Diagnostic Trouble Code), which turned on the “check engine light”, is for the intake air temperature sensor (iats) and circuity. There are two wires (one tan. one black) attached to the iats. One comes from the engine computer, goes to the iats carrying 5 volts dc, goes through the variable resister of the iats (which drops the voltage, depending on the temperature), and returns to the engine computer via the other wire.
You could measure the input dc voltage to the iats, and the output dc voltage and compare those values to the ones listed in your Haynes, or Chilton’s repair manual. If the dc voltages (or, resistances) are wrong, a replacement iats is about $17.

P0113 - Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Circuit High Input Indicates the sensor signal is greater than Self-Test maximum. The IAT sensor maximum is 4.6 volts or -50?C (-58?F). Open circuit in harness
Sensor signal short to power
Damaged sensor
Improper harness connection
Damaged PCM
IAT V PID reading greater than 4.6 volts with key ON and engine OFF or during any engine operating mode indicates a hard fault.

This is what I show for a Ford OBD II Codes. I think these codes are universal so it may apply to your situation. Hope this helps.

When I last removed the air filter ,I iadvertenly left the (iats) connector unpluged DA. Thanks for nyopur help!

You’re welcome for the help and thanks for the feedback. I kind of figured you were going to find that was the trouble since you were working in the area. It happens a lot to folks.