Seems bizarre - I hope someone can help

Hi, I own a 2001 Dodge Caravan minivan with approx 133500 km. Sometime back my heater would only work on high and you all recommended a repair that worked. I apologize but I don’t remember the part. Recently, I had a light on my dash for exterior light problem ( not the first time but I lost a whole light assembly and once replaced, the problem went away}. It happened again about 2 months ago and my driver’s light was out. I drove for approx a month, and went to hit the heat on my vehicle in cold weather , and no air blew at all but I noticed my driver’s light was working again. Drove it that way for 3 months or so, and took it to a garage. They said new blower motor but expensive repair because the whole dashboard has to be removed to replace the blower motor so I declined the repair, however since I got my vehicle back, the exterior light warning is on again, and my driver’s side headlight is out again. Does anyone have any ideas? If the two malfunctions didn’t happen together I wouldn’t even question this? Thanks for your help. Erin

A wiring diagram will help a competent mechanic narrow this down. You might ask at the minivan forum at allpar.com - I’ve found help there for my former and present Chrysler Corp. minivans. Good luck and let know how it goes.

1 Like

Just google “replace heater blower motor on a 2001 Caravan” and you will see a video that the only part of the dash that has to come out is the glove box. You might want to look for another garage.

2 Likes

Asking the others . . .Isn’t there a weird electrical power module on these things that can cause numerous electrical issues? This came up before.

3 Likes

tipm . . . ?!

totally integrated power module

fancy name for body control module

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Check the blower motor resistor. What you describe is often the symptom of that failing. It’s not an expensive part, and it’s usually much easier to replace than the motor itself.

Most times lighting issues are caused by dirty contact points between the bulb and its socket… and or the loss of ground to the light assy.

I often run my own ground wire to repair these situations and it works everytime…However it only works when I am able to determine the absence of ground in those light assy’s… Once that issue is known, the fix is obvious. The ground is just as important as the supply and is very often overlooked.

That is where my attention would be focused until I could prove out what element is missing in the equation.