Blower resistor and now motor

I have a 2001 Dodge Caravan minivan. The heater would only blow on high so I replaced the resistor about 9 months ago. Now, my right headlight went out and it came up as a warning on my dash, however about a week ago the fan stopped working all together but I noticed the right hesdlight is working again. It was during christmas so I didn’t notice if the two events happened together. We recently had a lot of rain so I don’t know if that could have affected the headlight. Any thoughts, and should I have replaced the blower motor instead of just the resistor when the first incident happened. Thank you.

Turn the ignition switch on, set the blower speed to high, and reach under the dash and rap on the blower motor with the handle of a screwdriver.

If the blower starts working, replace the blower motor.

Tester

You replaced the right part, the resistor pack. Now it is the blower motor’s time. And a headlight. It is a car, stuff breaks. It is an old car so more stuff breaks more frequently.

1 Like

The high current draw of a failing blower is what did the resistor in. I doubt the headlight problem is related to the blower as they would be on different circuits,. Check the wire connector at the headlamp for corrosion and tightness.