Seeking Something Sexy

Like me, you don’t put that many miles on your vehicle a year, so fuel mileage is way down on the list of actual expensive items. I bought my CX-7 back in May and have roughly 1200 miles on it right now, so that 14~15mpg I’ve been averaging since I bought it hasn’t hurt all THAT much. Hurts more to fuel it up since I put more in it than the whole tank could hold on my last car(Honda Civic coupe), but it’s not a “gas or food on the table” problem yet.

What is a sexy vehicle? Are you going thru menopause or midlife crisis?

Do you consider yourself sexy? Sexy is in the eye of the beholder. Some people think someone that weighs over 125lbs is sexy. If that is the case, don’t buy a Ferrari. Buy a Hummer.

Here is one female’s perspective. Men(at any age) look sexy in a pick-up truck. Older man in a Corvette, Hummer or any flashy car would make me laugh & roll my eyes.

LauraP,you thought I was serious about the Hummer? I’m guessing the OP is female.

Thanks for the 'vette comment.Mine is an '80.

:slight_smile: no offense meant. I just assumed the op was male. Although my answer would be the same for a female, too. What do I know, I drive a trail blazer.

Thanks, Laura. Yup, female. Didn’t make offer on the Envoy. Maybe I’m getting too practical in my old age (ick!). I thought it was sexy (did I mention it was red?), but terrible gas milage. What do you get in your trailblazer? I DON’T think Hummers are sexy (well, maybe with Sean Connery driving). I know what you mean about pick-ups. My sweetie drives one.

I get about 18-20 mpg, less in city driving. But, I love my trail blazer - room to haul stuff, four wheel drive for the wonderful winter driving(never get stuck, always able to get in and out of my driveway without plowing first. Plus I feel safe in it - sturdy, etc… I have 160,000 miles on it. Lots of minor repairs but it works for me.

Envoy ('06) has 65,000 miles, immaculate, gets 15 mpg (ick). Leather, etc. They want $16,250. Can I justify it? Laura, I wanna be talked into it!

I say go with your gut. If you like it, get it. However, make sure you have it checked out by independent mechanic, maybe more than one. I took mine to a place that looked it over bumper to bumper for $35. I had my brother-in-law look it over & drive it. Used cars are always a gamble… Check out repairpal.com - you can plug in the details of the vehicle and see how it’s been rated by other people.

Is this an Envoy or Envoy XL? What trim level? I think it’s only a good deal if it’s and XL Denali. How many miles are on it, and is it a private sale or dealer sale?

'06 Envoy XL SLT, 65,000 miles, private sale. Original owner, all service records, good tires, new water pump. Always garaged.

My wife is a little older than you and wants a RED Ford Fiesta, loaded, or a RED Mazda 2 loaded. Both are new models and both have been very successful overseas. The Fiesta was European car of the year.

I realize everyone has different taste; my choice, if I were a 67 year old female, would be a Mazda 3 Sport hatchback in red, of course. It’s fun to drive and park, looks great, holds all my gear (no ski rack needed), and is easy on gas.

Chrysler 300C? I’m thinking about one for my next vehicle.

The Envoy is really sexy… :slight_smile:

Miyata or the new ford mustang come to mind.

OK, so if I get practical now (no gas guzzlers): these are in my price range ($10-16,000)and available on Craigslist:
'05 Toyota Avalon Limited; 2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD; 2004 Toyota Highlander; 2008 Ford Taurus SEL, Loaded; 2006 Chrysler 300 Touring

A RWD version with the usual options sells for about $13,800. A 4WD version sells for $15,100. You need to get $1000 to $3000 off, depending on what it needs. If you are interested and they are willing to dicker, have a mechanic check it as a pre-purchase inspection. This will help you decide how high the price is from a realistic offer.

Dear La, Toyota Avalon is sexy in my opinion for a female. Any female with car smarts ;I consider Smart and Sexy.

I’m driving the Avalon tomorrow. Is an older Avalon ('05) preferable to a ('08) Taurus with similar prices?