Scion- Is it worth it to buy?

I’m highly considering buying a SCION XD, but I read that they are not doing very well and will likely go out of business. Is this true, and will it make it difficult to sell in 7 or 8 years???

Toyota is not going out of business anytime soon.

+1

Agree; Toyota just became the world’s largtest car company in terms of number sold for the first 6 months of 2008. They have 3 brands in North America; Toyota, Lexus and Scion. Overseas they also have Daihatsu, and part ownership in vaious truck companies.

You may be confused by the Saturn Ion, a car no longer made by Saturn, which now supplies Astras from its European division. The whole future of Saturn is up in the air since GM HAS to downsize its North American operations to survive. Plastic body and Saturn engine parts will definitely be hard to get in the future! Therefore, I would advise against buying any Saturn model. Some time back we warned against buying any Oldsmobile model.

First off…the Scion is DOING EXTREMELY WELL. Their sales have EXCEEDED expectations. The reason Toyota moved to first place is because of the Scion division.

Second…Scion is a division of Toyota…just like Mercury is a division of Ford.