Schedule a reply

I sometimes make replies in the middle of the night and some members have been awakened by them.

I have no idea why anyone would set their phone to do that, but it might be nice if there was a way to schedule a reply like you can an email in gmail.

What makes you think you’re waking people up ?

At least one poster mentioned it. If my memory serves me corectly, it wa davesinthebox.

People do that? :laughing:
I check my phone, at most once or twice per day, when I remember to do so. :grin:
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

If someone does not know how to set their notifications to do not send email then maybe Carolyn will tell them . If they want to get a reply from a forum by email it is not my problem as to the time .

Thats a personal setting on the phone of the people in question. Not your problem @oldtimer-11 it isnt you that is causing the notification to come up on the phone. It’s the phones owner.

6 Likes

Maybe Dave should turn his phone off at night or at least turn off the notification sounds in his settings.

We are all over the country with respect to time zones and sleep schedules.

2 Likes

There’s an app called Tasker on Android that will let you automatically set things like sound settings based on triggers such as time of day, if the phone doesn’t already have that baked in.

I’d let the people with the phones worry about it.

Morning. It’s possible that someone gets an email notification ping on his or her phone, in which case that’s between that person and their app notification settings.

But if someone wants to change the email notification settings, you can do the following:

1. Click on your thumbnail photo/initial in the top right corner (it will be an initial if you don’t have a profile picture). This will open a menu.
  2. In the top left corner of this menu, you will see your username. Click on it.
  3. You’ll now see a bunch of rectangular boxes with menu items.
  4. Click on the cogwheel icon/Preferences.
  5. On this screen you’ll see two rectangles side by side with dropdown menus. Preferences will be highlighted on the left, and on the right is another menu. Click on it, and you can change settings under Emails and Notifications as you wish!
5 Likes

app?
notification settings?
thumbnail/photo initial?
cogwheel icon/Preferences?

In the words of Crosby, Stills, and Nash,
:notes: "You are living a reality I left years ago It quite nearly killed me. In the long run it will make you cry. Make you crazy and old before your time." :notes:

Sorry, good luck to you!
CSA

@common-sense-answer Crosby Stills and Nash also sang Carry On, so that works too :wink:

1 Like

Great group, great song.

By choice, I’m more like “Analog Man,'” by Joe Walsh…
:notes: "Welcome to cyberspace, I’m lost in the fog
everything’s digital I’m still analog…
when something goes wrong I don’t have a clue…
some 10-year-old smart a__ has to show me what to do sign on with high speed you don’t have to wait…
sit there for days and vegetate I access my email, read all my spam, I’m an analog man." :notes:
CSA

1 Like

I’ve been kinda singing the Peter and Gordon tune lately:

Please lock me away
And don’t allow the day
Here inside where I hide . . .

And my hair is getting pretty close to what they used to wear in the 60’s.

Thanks for the info, just wanted to be sure I was not being unintentionally rude. The only cell phone I ever had service for had no screen, weighed about 5 pounds and was capable of only making and receiving phone calls. It had the same push buttons as my home phone.

I used it only to get a call to work and gave it away the day I retired.

When I drove a school bus, I was told to take a special ed boy to a ciry bus hub and see that he got on the correct bus and call his mother so shr could meet the bus where they had moved to so he could finish out the year without changing schools. I told them I did not have a cell phone so they gave me one of the 4 or 5 they had in the office.

They gave me an aide about my age and off we went, when it came time to call the mother, I gave the phone to the aide and asked him to make the call. It turned out neither onr of us knew how to make a call with a cell phone with a screen.

I just used the 2 way radio and asked our office to make the call.

Great tune… How appropriate for folks hiding away inside. :neutral_face:

No joke! I’ve been meaning to talk to you about that! :smirk:
CSA

I set my phone to silence between 10pm and 7am. I see notifications when I get up, and no noise during the night. I can also set notifications for specific people to override overnight silence.

1 Like