Saturn LS 2002 Trivia

Hi everyone, I’m an intern working on a new upcoming car themed reality show. Can’t talk about it too much, but one of the things I’ve been tasked with by one of the producers is finding some interesting fun facts/ trivia about one of the cars that’s going to be featured on the show. The car is an Saturn LS 2002 model and I’ve found out a bit about the LS models, but I need fun facts/ Trivia specifically about that model. I personally don’t know a lot about cars but I was wondering if any of you knowledgeable folks might have any info to share and help me out out

Hmmm…most likely almost everything about this failed experiment is trivial in the overall scheme of things, but in case you were unaware of the following factoids, I have included them for your benefit:

Although it was built in Wilmington, Delaware, the Saturn LS series was essentially an Opel Vectra in its overall design.

The 5-speed manual trans in the LS series is actually a Saab transmission.

Because GM used a lot of “cross-pollination” among its US and foreign divisions, there tended to be a lot of similarity between certain US-made GM products, and their foreign makes, such as Opel (Germany), Saab (Sweden), Vauxhall (UK), Daewoo (S. Korea), and Holden (Australia).

Now that GM has divested itself of Saab and ended production of the Australian-made Pontiac models, there may be a bit less of this “cross-pollination” going forward.

2000 LS1 - lots of plastic parts, including the door panels.

Other than my favorite ad of all time with the engineer/announcer jumping up and down on a piece of plastic door sheet “metal” and chanting “Polymer, polymer, POLYMER!!!” I can’t think of a less interesting automobile.

Bonus points if someone can find the ad on Youtube . . . ?

Oh no is it really that boring of a car. There’s got to be something cool or interesting about it I really really need some kind of info about the 2002 car.

Cool?
Definitely not.

Interesting?
The plastic body panels are about as interesting as this car ever got.

The company was named after a planet? Which was named after a god? The planet has rings and the car has rings? The planet is very gassy and cars both run on gas and expel various gases?

Hey…I’m trying.

hahahahah well thanks for trying. Also have some other cars I need to find out some fun facts/ trivia about maybe you guys would have an easier time about these models.

2000 JEEP CHEROKEE SPORT 4X4

2000 Cadillac Seville STS

2004 MERCEDES E-320 4MATIC

hahahahah well thanks for trying. Also have some other cars I need to find out some fun facts/ trivia about maybe you guys would have an easier time about these models.

2000 JEEP CHEROKEE SPORT 4X4

2000 Cadillac Seville STS

2004 MERCEDES E-320 4MATIC

I’m not trying to be impertinent, but have you ever heard of Google, Isaac?
You might be amazed at the information that you can find on these cars if you are persistent with your “Googling”.

ummm they are notorious for burning up BCM’s…ha ha