Saturn L300 fuel pump

I have a Saturn l300 that has a cracked fuel pump that a shop wants almost 1000$ to fix. Do you think it’s worth fixing? Is the estimate fair? I wanted to buy a new car but everything is so overpriced!

I don’t know where you live.

So enter your info here and find out.

Tester

I just did. It seems that they charge a little more than the range of estimate on repairpal.
Thanks

Cars are expensive. Car repairs are less expensive than new or reliable used cars. Let that be your guide.

2 Likes

Ask yourself this: can I buy a better car for $1000?

1 Like

I know a new fuel pump on a Chevrolet/GMC pickup is around $700.

You can also shop around for other estimates. There might be some higher or lower.

As for whether it’s “worth it” to spend the $1000 on the car…that’s really your call. With the crazy car market right now, if the car is otherwise reliable and meet your needs, I’d get it fixed.

3 Likes

Thank you folks for the input

What year is your car, and which engine does it have? Some years of the Saturn L-series had a removable panel under the rear seat to access the fuel pump, other years required letting down the fuel tank. Also, we would need this information to see what a brand-name fuel pump that fits your car costs.

If the part costs at least $200 online, and the fuel tank must be lowered on your model to change the fuel pump, then a $1000 shop price is reasonable. If there is an access panel to change the fuel pump from above, then $1000 is an absurd price for a job which really is not difficult. Hope that helps.

1 Like