Saturn Ion Quad Coupe alarm issue

Intermittent problem here. I can lock the Saturn using the remote and about 5 - 10 minutes later, the horn starts blowing, like an alarm is going off. Using the remote to unlock the car stops it. Doesn’t happen all the time, but often enough that I’m afraid to lock the car when we leave it parked somewhere. Any suggestions?

Yes, please tell us the year of your car. The mileage wouldn’t hurt either.

I suspect whatever electronic module that controls the security system is failing… maybe the Body Control Module, not sure because I don’t know the year of the vehicle.

Since Saturn no longer exists, you’d better hole the failing module, whatever it is, is still available from GM or some company repairs them.

Sorry. It’s a 2005 Ion with 150,000 miles. problem disappeared for about 4 months and then started again a couple weeks ago. I’ve looked in the manual to see if it references this alarm, but no luck so far.

My 2000 Blazer had this issue. I would disable the alarm by manually locking the driver’s door. My memory is a little rusty but I believe I used the key to lock the door. I found the work around in the Owner’s Manual.

Ed B.

1 Like