Saab 2008 9-5

“I remember Saabs with Ford Taunus V4 engines in the 1970s.”

Yup!
That was a great little engine, and it transformed the Saab into a much more desirable car.
There may have been one or two other cars with V-4s after the Ford/Saab use of that Taunus engine, but if there were, they were very rare birds, indeed.

Lancia did a narrow angle V4 (like the VW VR6) in the Fulvia, last produced in '76:

Some years ago I saw a VW Rabbit with snow tires on the REAR wheels. The owner must have either installed them him/herself or TOLD the garage to put them there.

In a novel by British author Ken Follett called “Whiteout” there is a crime committed during a snowstorm in a Northwestern state. The bad guy makes a fast getaway from the cabin in a Cadillac Eldorado throwing snow and gravel from the REAR wheels. Rich bad guys in England usually drive Jaguars which are rear drive.

‘In a novel by British author Ken Follett called “Whiteout” there is a crime committed during a snowstorm in a Northwestern state. The bad guy makes a fast getaway from the cabin in a Cadillac Eldorado throwing snow and gravel from the REAR wheels.’

I hear you!
Over the last few months, there have been very few books (either fiction or non-fiction) that I have read without wanting to throw the book out the window as a result of…factual/historical errors, and/or grammatical mistakes. In addition to customer service having been eliminated in a real sense by many companies, publishers seem to have laid-off all of their editors and fact-checkers.

Ah, almost a “W” four… :smiley:

Yeah, my BIL bought a new Jeep. It was about his forth one. I asked him if it was 4WD or AWD and he didn’t know. Just said it must be. Yep my neighbor had what I thought was the perfect car. It was a FWD diesel El Dorado. Good mileage and would never get stuck. Little did I know and bought a diesel too.

A fellow at out wine tasting group had 3 Mercedes models in succession and bragged about their fantastic handling and road holding. When SUVs became popular he traded an E class in on a … Jeep Grand Cherokee with a BEAM front axle!