Clunk sound under feet when turning left - 2004 Saab 9-3

I have a problem with my 2004 Saab 9-3 convertible. When turning left, especially when braking and going downhill, there in a clunk right under my feet. It has been in the shop 4 times now (almost a week each time). They have checked the front brakes, replaced the sway bars and mounts (?), the entire steering column, found a rock, replaced the struts and now have no idea. It’s very consistent and easily audible. PLEASE- do you have any ideas?? I’ve had to drive a yucky chevy impala loaner!

THANKS!!!

Could be a CV joint in the drive axel to the driver’s side wheel. A sloppy joint will make noise when stressed, which in this case is on the gas, off the gas, and turning. Should be easy to check out.

Worse would be something loose in the differential which in a FWD car like a Saab is pretty much in the area under your feet. Differentials allow the car to turn so that is another possible, expensive if not under warranty.

Thanks! I’ll have them check both of those things out. Fortunately it is under warranty so Saab will be taking care of the bill!

you’re lucky. the loaner I get is a Yugo!

what else has been done to this car? have you owned it for long? has this clunk been there all along, and that is why they are replacing these parts? have they replaced the motor mounts?

You could take it to a different mechanic and have an estimate done. maybe get some ‘outside the box’ thoughts from a non dealership mechanic. is there a different dealership you go to? another town? maybe to get a second opinion.