Routine maintenance

First, I want to apologize for the multiple posts re: the same question. Chalk it up to computer/operator error.

I have a 2005 Infinit G35X. Recently, I took it to the dealer to key a new key fob/remote. While I was there, the dealer gave me list of some “maintence needs” which he said should be addressed in the next 6 months or so. Specifically, he recommended (a) replacing the drive belts, (b) brake flush, © power steering flush, and (d) fuel system tune up. He estimated that the total cost for these 4 services would be $740. My question is 2-fold: (1) is there any reason why I could not have these services done by my local mechanic, which would not be only more convenient, as the dealer is 25 miles away, and I suspect cheaper; and (2) is the “fuel system tune up” the same as the “fuel system cleaning” that I just had done at Jiffy Lube when I took the car in for an oil change?

I would appreciate any helpful info that anyone could provide. Thanks!

[i] (1) is there any reason why I could not have these services done by my local mechanic[/i] 

No reason at all to have it done by the dealer.  

[i] (2) is the "fuel system tune up" the same as the "fuel system cleaning"[/i]  

There is no official meaning for "fuel system tune up"  

Open your glove box and in there should be a book with the title "Owner's Manual."   Open it up and read about all the maintenance items and when they should be done (generally by the number of miles or the number of months, which ever is first.  

[i] (2) is the "fuel system tune up" the same as the "fuel system cleaning" that I just had done at Jiffy Lube when I took the car in for an oil change? [/i]  

Yea, they are both way of increasing their profit and that is all. 

You will soon see how we feel about any of those fast oil change places.  I strongly suggest you stay totally away from them, don't let them do anything to your car.  There are just too many problems.  

Your best bet is to find a local  [b] independent[/b] mechanic, have him (or her) do the maintenance listed in your owner's manual.  Most of the stuff you listed are bogus.  

Note:  Dealers generally do a good job of maintenance and repair work, but they tend to charge more for it and will tend to replace parts that could be cleaned etc.