Rolls Royce Cop Car

I’ve been on town budget committees. I don’t know how they could justify this.

The article says the Rolls is on loan to the city . It is to help recruit police officers as an advertising gimmick. I don’t see a problem but the city might want to have a good insurance policy on it.

1 Like

Frankly, I am shocked it wasn’t a confiscated car from a drug dealer!

But a loaner is just fine.

Nearly every LEO departments across the country are having trouble recruiting officers. If this works, you’ll see more of this.

1 Like

I can’t see how borrowing a RR would help their recruitment problem. But I don’t understand how Google earns income either. On this RR issue, I’ll defer to the police department administrators.

Still not something I’d even consider.

That one is simple. Advertisement.

1 Like

Sure, but you don’t have a budget like Miami does. I would be surprised if they didn’t self insure.

Miami could off the Roller as the assigned patrol car to different officers for the day or week. Wouldn’t any cop like to patrol in a Rolls Royce? Worth a shot!

The city next to mine has a high end Land Rover not badged with hidden lights I have seen in a few parades blocking a section of road, drug seized… My city has it’s share of seized vehicles also, they don’t play around… lol

Here’s a list, probably not exhaustive, of unique police cars from last July. It looks like using these cars as recruiting advertisements is not new.

Hopefully they don’t use it for a PIT maneuver!

1 Like

Be an expensive PITT… but the Roller’s mass would make it very effective!

Dodge Challenger R/T
> Used by: Arizona State Troopers
> Model year: 2016
> Top speed: 153 mph
> Horsepower: 305

Ford Mustang Saleen S302
> Used by: Riverside, California, Police Department
> Model year: 2017
> Top speed: 268 mph
> Horsepower: 730

Me thinks there might be a few typos… lol

The Challenger R/T horsepower is more like 375. They didn’t say which Saleen S302 was used. If it’s the Black Label then the HP is about right.

268 mph??? lol

This article claims that the theoretical max velocity is 224 mph. Scroll to the last graph. Still impressive. Anyway, the specs aren’t the point. I just wanted to show unique cars that the police use. I certainly consider any Saleen S302 a unique and impressive car.

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/performance/2021/3041855/saleen_s302_black_label_coupe_6-speed.html#gsc.tab=0

1 Like

The 2016 challenger base came with a V6 with 305 HP. The R /T models could come with a 5.7-liter V8 that produces 372 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque. Or the R/T Scat Pack and SRT 392 models that are powered by a 6.4-liter V8 that makes 485 horsepower and 475 pound-feet of torque.