Reply indicators not consistent

Perhaps you can explain what triggers the reply indicator that appears in the upper right hand side of a post. They seem to be inconsistent. For example, I hit the reply button on a post and my reply has the arrow and icon for that poster indicating I am responding to them. In the same thread, I reply to another poster and the indicator does not show up. Someone replies to me, I see the notification if I click on my notification button but if I go to that post, the indicator is not present. Here is one example from a recent thread. Notice this causes confusion to other posters not knowing I was replying to someone else v the OP:

Capture1

Notice my reply to Sgtrock21 has the reply indicator. Then, my reply to kurtwm1 does not. This happens all the time and I use the same control to initiate the reply…

@cdaquila Carolyn , Mr. Turbo needs clarification.

This happens to me, and I don’t know why. I often chime in to respond to a particular person and it registers like I replied to OP. It isn’t always wrong, but it’s wrong enough to notice.

+1
While it isn’t consistent, a fairly large percentage of my replies are not identified as such.
:thinking:

Do you see any relationship with whether the post is replying to the previous post or instead to an earlier post? Is it possible that it normally doesn’t show the arrow/icon if you are replying to the immediately prior reply… But it does show if you are replying to an earlier message?