Repair

I have a 2000 SAAB 93, It started to spit and sputter while driving, if it does this while at a stop sign or red light the car dies and will not re-start untill many hours later. Any help would be great. Maybe a bad Crank Sensor??

First step is scanning for codes. AutoZone, Checkers, etc. will do this for you free.

If not codes are present I would make a guess at a failing fuel pump and even more so if the fuel filter has not been changed on a regular basis.

On the few ocassions that I had a car that would not start intil a few hours later, the problem was always traced back to the fuel pump, as ok4450 suggested.

The last time this happened was with a 1982 Toyota Cressida. I’d be ok driving, then, I would let up on the gas after driving on the freeway for an hour or so, and the engine would balk. Let it sit for two hours, and it would start.
Good luck.

Hey thanks for the feedback, I had the car in the shop and had a tune up new plugs wires and fuel filter ect. The engine check light was on too but it was a special hose? they replaced. Once the car was returned the light was off and as soon as I drove it the problem was still there. No idiot lights are on so Im not sure what to do next. My wife car was doing the same thing (2005 Altma) and it turned out to be the Crank Sensor.