Remote start control

I used to use the remote from my office window to warm the car up before driving home in the winter. I make no apologies. But part of it was a 50 mile trip and I don’t like to drive encumbered with gloves or jacket. So a ten minute warm up allows getting in to a reasonably comfortable car.

@Robert-Gift Just stop posting the same stuff and using the childish word running together . All that does is make you look like the crazy uncle no one wants to show up at family events.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is really a Mark Twain quote, but it conveys the message.

2 Likes

Well at least with the word running together thing R-G does, New readers will know very fast to not take anything R-G says/post seriously as he is one of the children playing on the forum that requires adult supervision… :wink:

3 Likes

Best to say what you wish. Readers can laugh and be entertained or pitying.

Remote start would be more effective if the engine were under load, such as being in Drive or Reverse.
Unlessomedical condition, I would endure the minimal discomfort to save fuel and pollution.

Then get in the vehicle and drive, don’t try to preserve the engine for the salvage yard to resell.

1 Like

I love egg rolls too, and spring rolls. From what I’ve seen, egg rolls are fried and I associate them as Chinese cuisine. Spring rolls are not cooked and I think of them as Vietnamese cuisine. Chinese and Vietnamese foods are very similar though.

All I know is he would bring in 20-30 of them still hot from the oven, and you could roll them across the shop floor, pick them up and they would still be the best you ever ate… :rofl:

He said she would make/prepare hundreds of them at a time, and these were thin with no, or little cabbage and I would eat as many as I could… I had her make me 20-25 once to take home to share with the wifey, well, 5 or less made it home… lol… I have had a few other Vietnamese eggrolls and they were good, but nothing like momma Dang’s… :yum:
BTW, IIRC she cooked/baked them in an oven…

EDIT to add, I had to drive a vehicle about 25 miles to work, an automotive repair shop for these eggrolls that my lead mechanics mom made… you know, keeping it car related…

2 Likes

Their Filipino cousin, lumpia. One of the guys had a pool party. Whole, spit roasted, pig. Had his house girl, with help from her friends, make 700 lumpia rolls. Of course, many, many bottles of San Miguel.

1 Like

Now don’t get me wrong. I don’t mind and rather enjoy reading about egg rolls and water bottles and medical diagnosis and the famed holders of truth. But the mere mention of a bird can drive the moderators into overdrive. I understand in this day and age but maybe a little restraint by the all powerful might be in order.

On the old woodworking board, an eye test
Was often given for one member or another in harmless banter. Never me but it was tempting once in a while.

Okay Bing, car related with bird. The only animal I ever hit with my car was a bird. See, car related.
Related to original post, my base trim car came from the factory with remote star via phone app.

Yes! My discomfort has preserved manyehicles for subsquent purchasers.

I hit a turkey once and I can guarantee they can fly. Flew across the road into my bumper and then flew way up in the air to the other side of the road. Coyotes though can’t fly. They just spin around in the middle of the road.

Edit: a reference to krmp in Cincinnati or whatever the call letters were. “I swear to God, I thought turkeys could fly”. Dropped them out the window expecting them to fly, but plop.

It’s also surprising how much damage they can do to your when you hit one.

It was WKRP.
Yes, wild turkeys can fly, not so with domestic turkeys.
On the other hand, Wild Turkey should be rocks only, but not if you are the designated driver😁