Remember to flag spam

Looks like our Korean pals may have moved on.

^
There were a few of their posts early this morning, but–VOILA!–5 flags removed them all.

This site was peppered with North Korean? SPAM this morning. I flagged them all and they soon disappeared. Nice.

Yup!
This is our own version of Whack-a-Mole

Very satisfying to see them disappear once the 5th flag has been done!

Yep, flag-a-spam is like whack-a-mole. A privilege to help. :-))

I certainly don’t mind helping someone with a problem but I thoroughly enjoy helping to ruin a Spammers day. BAM! Take that you evil Spammer. The single click of a mouse can be a powerful thing.

Looks like they’re back early tonight.

We’re like… D’Aquila’s Army. Do we get patches or uniforms or anything? :wink:

Flagged spam this morning that had 3 views and 1 flag. Either people aren’t realizing that they can flag it, or the system is failing to count everything.

I noticed something when I was mopping up this morning - I think it was mentioned before, but when you do flag the spam posts, please make sure to flag them as spam (not abuse or trolling) because it doesn’t appear to count toward the 5 necessary to give a thread the heave-ho.

Plus it’s an opportunity to say thank you to all of you who have pitched in for overnight spam patrol. :smile:

So 230 AM on the West coast and there is a full page. Marnett flagged them first and then it’s me. I am sitting here wondering, if I can’t read it, then is it really “spam”. Why are they wasting their time.

@galant, you’d think they’d give up by now…

Hey, I flagged them first. Or at least the three that I saw. I think it was about 1:30. Geez a whole page. Maybe some night owls could be deputized to zap them in one flag, but then again it probably doesn’t make that my difference unless its a big prob for cdaquila in the morning to clean up. You’d think these guys would get the hint since 90% of us can’t read what they are saying anyway.

@Bing;
When I was looking, there was only one flagged by you. Maybe the others already disappeared.