Questions about cooling system

In the manual tells you how to do it.

Fill rad until no more goes in. Start the engine. Do the same until no more goes in and fill the overflow tank. I’ll also try squeezing the upper hose to that helps bleeding to.

It sounds like a plan! :slight_smile:
CSA

1 Like

Sometimes the tubes between the radiator cap area and the overflow plastic tanks, and from the tank to the final overflow tube, can clog up and create weird symptoms, including leaks. Make sure they are all open and clear of debris and clogs. I expect you already know this, but the only way to be certain the cooling system is filled is by filling both the overflow tank and the radiator. If you have a small leak in the cooling system the radiator can be nearly out of coolant while the overflow tank still has coolant in it. Faulty radiator caps are a pretty common thing reported here, and can create weird symptoms, so that’s another avenue for your diagnostics. Most people just replace them if they’re suspect, but I think shops can test the radiator cap itself to verify it holds pressure to a certain psi, then opens like it should. It’s just a spring loaded valve arrangement I think.

Since you have a cap on the radiator, add until full, with the cap OFF, run engine until the engine is warm enough to open the thermostat. You should be able to see the coolant circulating, then top it off, have heater ON. when fully topped off reinstall cap. With what you have described you will probably see the leak then.

If anyone interested, filled it up about 3 days ago and ever since all the mornings the rad is still at the top and overflow tank stays a the right level.

3 Likes

Good for you. Sounds like it is all systems go.

1 Like