Quad seat recliner doesn’t lock

While I wasn’t in town my van was used to take a bicycle to the shop. Somehow in the process, one of the second row quad seat backs was broken. No clue but I’m guessing a lot of force was applied to the back while not fully depressing a leaver.

I have three observations:

1. The seat back doesn’t lock into a position, it moves when force is applied and returns to its forward rest position otherwise.
  2. The recliner leaver on seat has no resistance, like it’s completely detached from anything.
  3. The recliner up-down lever on the back has more resistance than normal, maybe a little uneven as a lift it up.

I took the seat out and tried to look underneath but have no idea what I’m looking at, some cable tubes but I can’t really see what connects where.

Is this something I can track down/reconnect on my own or is it best to drop the seat at a shop because something could have stripped?

Take both seats out and turn them upside them to see what is broken. You may be able to get a junkyard seat with ripped up upholstery cheap and just change your upholstery over.

1 Like

You answered your own question…

If you can’t figure it out, you can’t fix it yourself. Sorry, but it is that simple.

2 Likes