Put a dvd in the CD player

My question is about my car radio. I attempted to play a DVD in it rather than a DV, by mistake. (No need to tell me how dumb that was, my husband has already covered that.) Now I can’t seem to get back to my favorite station. Well one of them is still where I left it but the other one seems to just be gone. Did I mess something up? Is it salvageable?..or did the radio bogeyman get me?

I guess you mean CD instead of DV. Could it be as simple as programing your station presets again .

Eject the disc, an incompatible disc should have no affect on the AM or FM reception.

4 Likes

Please explain what this means. If you tune manually, do you still pull in this station? Or are you saying that the preset was lost?

1 Like

You may have FM 1 and FM 2. Switch over and you might be OK.

you put in a dvd by mistake when you thought it was a cd. than you discovered it would not play. i assume it said cd error or such. you could also have put in a dvd on purpose to see if you could hear the audio? though i dont know why. like listening to an audio book? still would get a cd error message. so 1st attempt is inadvertent while the 2nd attempt is planned. reset #1 to your fav station.